NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

"Halloween" Horror Special 2016: Choose One!

Part 1: A Thing I Do Not Know
- 0 (0%)
Part 2: The Tree of Tears
- 1 (50%)
Part 3: The Tusked Mask
- 1 (50%)
Undecided
- 0 (0%)
i hate all of them
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: BlackDragonSlayer's Short Stories  (Read 8970 times)

BlackDragonSlayer

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • Black Dragons Beware
    • View Profile
Re: BlackDragonSlayer's Short Stories
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 06:10:13 AM »

I like the story! Slightly confused as to why it's a Halloween special in February, but I'll take it!
As I said in my previous posts, the original plan for Halloween Horror Special 2016 was scrapped because I was putting most of my efforts into writing The Tusked Mask/A Thing I Do Not Know. So, I figured that, because The Tusked Mask was definitely finished before October, A Thing I Do Not Know was started in October (I wrote the first part of it for shadowkirby's TWG; lol), and The Tree of Tears was written in November. Plus, all of them are generally spooky/depressing in some way which fits the overarching theme anyway.

Did you have any specific reason for the names? They seemed rather unusual.
Out-of-universe justification is that it's science fiction and it just kinda sounds right. Also, I'm bad at thinking up normal names. :P I knew I wanted the protagonist to be named "Neet," but I just randomly gave him a weird surname as well.

In-universe justification is that humans have been out of the Milky Way galaxy for at least a thousand years and come into contact with a number of other species, and the vocabulary of the English language has inevitably changed to reflect that (the name "Sakar Obelith" is supposed to be words from an alien language that entered common usage in its romanized form). This is a setting I'm particularly interested in (so if it seems like I have a lot of little plot details mapped out behind the scenes, I probably do :P), which is why I feel super excited to write stories like this and I Knew A Man that offer little slices out of it from the perspective of ordinary characters.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Nornova Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.