TWG 54: Game of Wolves - Post Game (100% Complete!)

Started by Bird, June 13, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiannon

All jokes aside, this was a great game, and my utmost thanks to Bird for putting in the massive amounts of time and energy I know it takes to host a mystery game of this size and calibre. It was probably the best-designed game I've ever played, and that's saying something. I was a little disappointed in my performance--davy and Mashi read me like a book! Still, though, I think I did okay for being an NSM newbie (you guys have some crazy ideas of what wolfish behaviour looks like!) and not having been a wolf in over two years.

The Day 2 lynch was huge for us, as was stealing BDS's Pentoshi dollars Night 4. Once Day 4 rolled around, we were sitting rather pretty. Zunawe executed things flawlessly N5, though, and was a great guy to have coordinating our power selections. It was fun to work with Toby briefly, too!

All the best with TWG going forward, guys!
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

FireArrow

Quote from: fank009 on June 13, 2013, 09:59:43 PM-Me thinking that i was a dead man (after FSM's Post) (that reminds me... Why didnt you try to lynch me???)

Because you died before day?

Sorry, I should of trusted you more. If I did, then I would of never suspected liggy or mashi, which ended up ruining everything.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fank009

I think thia said it best,
paraphrasing: this nit tight group has crazy ideas for what woles do.
And i agree, once you play ome way, its hard to play the same way again, cause humans are scared of what they can do.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

BlackDragonSlayer

You never told me that my money counted as an item (especially since my fake role had items under a different category, it seemed rather vague). ._.
Though, I would've killed FSM if my money hadn't been stolen, since TZP convinced me not to go after Thiannon (he thought the fact that FSM hadn't been replaced after he asked to be replaced was suspicious).

This was a fun game: despite the fact that I didn't really know anything about Game of Thrones before the game began, I grew fond of House Targaryen (especially because of its relation to dragons :P).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

Stark > Lannister > Tyrell > Baratheon > Arryn > Targaryen> Greyjoy

This is the one true order!  Unless you want to move a house a spot or two up or down (with the exception of Greyjoy and Targaryen).  I could see that.  And I think I'm probably not actually caught up with the book series yet.

it's disappointing that one of the best Starks (Tony) didn't make it into the game though!

I might reread the game later!

Yugi

Zunawe

Evil giggle.

Even with all our powers, it was tricky. This was my final PM.

QuoteI'm going to ragequit if this doesn't work. Not really, but I would certainly damage something.

Steal from Bubbles

Wolf Bubbles

Do 1 heart of damage to davy using Pentoshi Dollars

Do 2 hearts of damage to FSM using Pentoshi Dollars

Heal Zunawe

Disguise Zunawe as Jaime Lannister

Raise Mashi as Undead Thrall

That should cover everything.

Some of you guys pointed out my inactivity in the thread, and I honestly think it would have been the same had I been human. I'm just not as active in general on NSM.

Anyway, that was a very interesting game. There were some some very lucky and some very unlucky events for us.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bird

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 14, 2013, 12:02:56 AMYou never told me that my money counted as an item (especially since my fake role had items under a different category, it seemed rather vague). ._.
Though, I would've killed FSM if my money hadn't been stolen, since TZP convinced me not to go after Thiannon (he thought the fact that FSM hadn't been replaced after he asked to be replaced was suspicious).

This was a fun game: despite the fact that I didn't really know anything about Game of Thrones before the game began, I grew fond of House Targaryen (especially because of its relation to dragons :P).
Well, I hadn't considered anyone trying to steal from you until it happened. That happened a few times this game, actually: I didn't consider every power being used on every player, and every possible combination and whatnot. I spent a ton of time on this game, but it still wasn't enough! And when it did happen, I felt like it would make sense for you to lose the money and for the thieves to be able to use it. I got a second opinion from Nighthawk and he agreed with me. Oh well, it's another point to go into the lengthy host mistakes section!

The wolves probably did get lucky by stealing from you, but they got unlucky in a whole lot of other cases. It likely evened out. And even with that incredibly clutch steal in the endgame, the humans still could have won on night 5 if they'd played their cards right!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Toby

Didn't like this.

You know how I got that first succession list? My wolf fake claim. You know how I got the near enough real one? By seering Olimar and he had it!

I lied about only getting the role and what house they were from, I wanted to know the abilities myself.

I was feeling really good this game until I then found out my wolf succession list was FAKE. Why do wolves get fake infoo?

And the reason why I faked the succession list was because you would of been like why are you number 2 when you know the succession list?

To many people new the real list, it was so unfair. There was like no way we could become king with guards and shizzle.

Also don't lynch someone when there is only 30mins left in phase and they can't defend themselves, that is horrid. You know how I felt while reading that? Flippin distraught. I was feeling sooo good. I thought my play was A+, I thought I could be going for MVP! but no...

You guys didn't pm much either while I was alive, I was like pming you guys all the time.

Zunawe for MVP obviously.

Mashi

Don't fret about it Thiannon; you were able to ward away suspicion on yourself until it was too late for us to make an effective lynch against you!  Be warned though, that next time, I'm not going to hesitate if I find you suspicious!!!

Anyhow, I think the biggest mistake the Humans made this game was homing in on Liggy too much.  We wasted so much time being paranoid about him and we lost Liggy (and even me!!! :( )as a result of his martyrdom power without even allowing its effect to take place.  So as a point of reference, if multiple experienced Players are telling you similar input, chances are that you should trust them and not go on your own ramblings.

Anyhow, even though I didn't like the reason for being lynched, I think this game went quite well!  Can't say I ever really suspected him!  Seems to me that there's a growing trend of quiet Wolves on NSM, so I think that's something everyone should take note of.

All in all, this was a fun game!  Great job, everyone!

also zunawe you revived me out of love right
does this mean i won too because im technically a whitewalker now

Bird

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on June 14, 2013, 07:14:23 AMI was feeling really good this game until I then found out my wolf succession list was FAKE. Why do wolves get fake info?
I told you there was a chance your information was inaccurate! A lot of other players got fake info as well.

QuoteTo many people new the real list, it was so unfair. There was like no way we could become king with guards and shizzle.
Two people knew the real list. You would have become King if you had disguised your claimed role on night 1. The King was never guarded.

Despite my sass, you did really get screwed over pretty hard in this game (and I don't feel good about it) which will be examined more thoroughly in the player analysis!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Zunawe

Quote from: Mashi on June 14, 2013, 07:26:33 AMalso zunawe you revived me out of love right
does this mean i won too because im technically a whitewalker now
Pshh, why else?

Actually, you were just one of the few players I felt safe trying to revive. We had seered you, so I knew there was no power that prevented me from reviving you, and you weren't a very likely burn target.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Toby

I knew Mashi's role too :(

Was planning on telling you guys once the phase was over (and I got on my laptop).

Thiannon

Nah, Toby, we just didn't read the rules carefully enough. It was pretty clear in post #2 that there was a good chance your intel was fake, as FireArrow pointed out in the chat just before your lynch. I take full responsibility; I wasn't paying enough attention the first few phases.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!