News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG 54: Game of Wolves

Started by Bird, May 29, 2013, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Wait, can we use both our fake roles powers as well as our own? I'm kinda confused what the point of these fake roles are (fake claim what?)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bird

Quote from: Bird on May 29, 2013, 04:12:27 PM2. You can't use the powers of the fake roles.

Quote from: Rules Topic on July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PMClaims - Claiming is when somebody says that they have a certain role. [...] False claiming involves saying that you're one role when you're actually a completely different role.

One of the difficulties of mystery games is that it's difficult to know when or if you should reveal your role. It's even more difficult in a game like this, since if you come up with a plausible role, somebody else might have that role and you'll be counterclaimed. Finally, its hard for the wolves to know what the human roles are like since they haven't actually seen any of them.

By including fake roles along with your real roles in the PMs, all of these problems are resolved. Wolves know what the human roles are like, people can claim the false roles freely and any of the false roles are as plausible as the real ones.

You don't have to even look at them though. They're for strategic purposes, and you don't have to think about or talk about them unless you really want to. They have no impact on the game.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

FireArrow

Oh, ok, thanks! Now I'm gonna go find dem wolves.  8)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yugi

Okay, so now we should probably establish a rule saying that we can't night kill someone in another house, unless you think that they're a wolf.

fank009

Quote from: Yugi on May 29, 2013, 10:12:47 PMOkay, so now we should probably establish a rule saying that we can't night kill someone in another house, unless you think that they're a wolf.
You want everyone to mass claim?
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Yugi

Where did you get that assumption.

I'm telling everyone not to use injuring abilities on someone, unless you think they're a wolf.

fank009

Quote from: Yugi on May 29, 2013, 10:59:24 PMWhere did you get that assumption.

I'm telling everyone not to use injuring abilities on someone, unless you think they're a wolf.
I got that assumption on how do we know whos in what house???

Olimar12345

...So no one else is going to say who they are? ...did I mess up?

Fuck.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yugi

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 29, 2013, 11:34:26 PM...So no one else is going to say who they are? ...did I mess up?

Fuck.
Well.

None of your roles are on the list.

Olimar12345

EDIT: don't you trick me. 
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

._.

*gasp*

Olimar edited a post!! :o
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

You get a 988566 game ban for editing a post.

Buh bye Ollly Murs!

fank009

Olimar, We are waiting to determine whats the best way to tackle this situation, being impatient, thinking youve done the wrong thing isnt healthy, and just leads to more paranoia. (as seen below.)
Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 29, 2013, 11:49:46 PMEDIT: don't you trick me. 

Yugi... What did you do to this poor man???

Yugi

He accadentaly revealed his role after I said
Quote from: Yugi on May 29, 2013, 11:40:32 PMWell.

None of your roles are on the list.

Olimar12345

Got a warning from Bird. Sorry guys, it was an honest mistake.

Quote from: Yugi on May 30, 2013, 12:49:20 AMHe accadentaly revealed his role after I said

That's not all you did, but lets judt leave it at that. I'll live with my mistakes.