News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Onion's Arrangements

Started by Onionleaf, May 13, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onionleaf

I've completed a few more arrangements during these past 2-3 weeks, you can find them all listed above with a *new* tag. Here's the one that I just finished this evening. I ripped the MIDI file from the original game so the notes should all be correct, but the left hand sounds a bit messy. Any suggestions on how I could improve it are most welcome. ;)

Nelde, Ancient Ruins Deep in the Forest:
[MUS] Youtube

The Deku Trombonist

When listening to the source, I get most of the rhythmic vibe from the drums and the bass line just kinda fills some stuff in. So brew something up yourself. Try using the drums as a guide for the kinds of rhythms to utilise and then use the bass line to inspire your choice of pitch. Add a pinch of salt and a little pepper. Simmer for a few hours and voila, Arrangement Soup!

Onionleaf

Sounds like a recipe for disaster a much better arrangement. :) I'll ponder over my cooking pot and see what I can make of it. Thanks Deku!

Onionleaf

Well, I had a go at fixing up my previous arrangement so that it sounds more like the original. It might need some more tweaks later, though.

In the mean time, I have a few more arrangements completed. Most of them are pretty straightforward, so I'm not worried about them except for that one battle theme. Again, transcribing percussion and drums for the piano is not my forte, but I did my best! Similarly, my other battle theme might need some repair work, especially the first page.
Tyvm if anyone does decide to have a look at these!

Battle! [Agatio & Karst]:
[MUS] Youtube

Festival in Izumo:
[MUS] Youtube

Izumo in Despair:
[MUS] Youtube

Sorrow and Regret:
[MUS] Youtube

The Sea of Time:
[MUS] Youtube

Onionleaf

I'm back after taking an accidental break from arranging. I've been prone to spending my free time playing video games lately, whoops.

I do have a few new sheets to share, and hopefully more will come soon!

[PS] Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Overture to the Destiny - [MUS] Youtube

[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Detention Center ~ Jailer's Elegy - [MUS] Youtube
Investigation ~ Opening 2001 - [MUS] Youtube

[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening
There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know. - [MUS] Youtube

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
Oreburgh Gate - [MUS] Youtube

Oh, and all the game titles in the OP are now arranged in alphabetical order. Hooray for spring cleaning! ^^

Oronoco

I don't check out your thread often enough because every time I come back, I'm swamped with all this great Golden Sun music. It makes me so happy. Keep it up! Everything looks incredible, and your OP looks pretty swell, too.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Onionleaf

Thanks so much, Oronoco! That's totally all right, I don't expect anyone to rummage through my list of sheets when I post them. ^^ But I am happy to hear that the list of Golden Sun sheets is to your liking! I'll do my best to keep submitting more sheets to the site, slowly but surely. Browsing my sheets as there are submitted would probably be a much easier option. :)

I have a fairly long wishlist of arrangements, but in terms of the Golden Sun list, I am about half way to my intended goal (oof!). At least I know that there are plenty of arrangements to keep me busy in the next few years. *add nervous laugh here*

Oronoco

Yes, keep at it! But I don't want to sound like I only care about your Golden Sun sheets. They're all great.

I'm also incredibly excited to see you working on the Tolbi-Bound Ship/ Karagol Sea theme. I really don't know when I've been so excited to see someone working on a sheet. (The opening interval was always my go-to back in Freshman Theory for hearing a perfect fifth.) And even though I'm sort of jealous that I didn't get to try my hand at arranging these, I'm mainly just so happy that someone is doing them (and so well!). Thank you so much and sorry for all the sudden enthusiasm.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Onionleaf

Thanks again! :) Enthusiasm is always encouraging, especially when time just always seem to work against you when all you want to do is finish your arrangements. *sigh*

Quote from: Oronoco on September 13, 2016, 05:28:40 AMI'm also incredibly excited to see you working on the Tolbi-Bound Ship/ Karagol Sea theme.

That's great! I think I saw that track listed in the Request board so I thought it would be neat to see it completed soon-ish. :)

=====

I've added a few quick arrangements to my list, nothing major:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Reminiscence ~ DL-6 Case [MUS] Youtube

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
You're a Jackpot Winner! [MUS] Youtube
You're a Winner! [MUS] Youtube

Onionleaf

*throws another sheet onto the Completed pile* Yay! :)

Fire Emblem: Awakening
But, Frederick, It's Nearly Dark! - [MUS]

*looks at her huge list of work-in-progress sheets and whimpers* I should really get all those done some time soon....

Onionleaf

A couple more arrangements to share, one of which has been lying around half-finished for years. :o

Touhou 10.5: "Dancing Water Spray"
[MUS] - Youtube

Golden Sun: "Alhafra"
[MUS] - Youtube

(I only edited this one; I couldn't resist giving Thomas' sheet a quick polish.)

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 01:40:22 AMA couple more arrangements to share, one of which has been lying around half-finished for years. :o
Usually if anything reaches an age over 4 months I just rearrange it.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 28, 2016, 01:40:22 AM
Touhou 10.5: "Dancing Water Spray"
[MUS] - Youtube
Ooh... I'm interested.

Just some things to point out:
 - You have unnecessary use of the second layer from M.10 to M.14.
 - This is the only other one, and it's a BIG one. The arrangement of the acoustic guitar throughout the song should be revamped. Take the first 2 measures as an example:

Example
[close]

This is what I'm hearing, and this is what is playing (to some extent). I can perfectly tolerate changing the bass guitar, because hell knows if I even got that right. The focus is on the acoustic guitar. Again, creative liberties are fine, but if the original feel of the song is removed, then there is a problem. Some of the sections are fine, others not so much. I'm pretty sure playability is not a particular concern for the guitar sections either.

Besides that, I think it's all good. Didn't seem like there were any incorrect notes, so that's fine. Nice job!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Onionleaf

Hiya, I had a feeling you might stop by with some useful feedback. ^^ I took into account what you've mentioned. Is there any other section in particular that sticks out for you for the acoustic guitar? I don't seem to be hearing anything that I should change significantly other than the introduction (which was very helpful - don't even ask how many times I've revised it before). You're welcome to use the MUS to make any sort of edits if that would be easier to explain. Thanks!

WaluigiTime64

So after doing a bunch of importing/exporting and arranging, I have arrived with this file, which contains the whole song, with an almost entirely rearranged L.H. Please copy-paste parts of the L.H. into your existing sheet. Feel free to mess around with it, simplifying it and other important things. Feel free to point out anything that you think needs to be pointed out.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Onionleaf

Oh wow, thanks very much for taking the time to do that! I'll be sure to re-work my sheet using your exported file. Would you like me to add your name to the arrangement? :)