News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Finale NotePad

Started by mastersuperfan, May 09, 2013, 06:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

I started off, and I still do, using Noteflight. I found out that I had to use Finale software for this site, but when trying Finale NotePad out, it lacks many features and is WAY more difficult to use. How do you change the text? How do you switch time signatures? When I try to replace or add a note, it creates a new layer! Perhaps it may just be me, but I think Finale NotePad is really inconvenient, and I don't want to pay for the higher versions. Even explanations about how it works would be helpful as well. What do you all feel about Finale NotePad?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

Finale notepad is terrible, but the full Finale is my favorite thing ever.

Inb4 olimar
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

I think that Bespinben summarizes it quite accurately with a single sentence:
Quote from: Bespinben on July 07, 2012, 03:44:44 PMNotepad is - no joke - designed to frustrate you, that way you'll be compelled to purchase a higher model.

Notepad is good if you're somebody who composes for more "personal reasons" (like me with my Nornova Compositions), but for many other purposes (e.g. arranging; making more advanced and detailed compositions), it's severely lacking.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

If you don't want to invest any money at all and you need some kind of alteration to your sheet that Notepad can't do, put your song along with a statement of what you want done here.
If you do invest and get Finale, you won't regret it. I guarantee it.*

To date, Finale is the greatest music notation program on earth. Here's an article that can help me in explaining Finale as it is in the spectrum of notation programs.
*Guarantee as in 99.9% sure. This is also assuming you are a music enthusiast.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 09, 2013, 07:21:38 PMTo date, Finale is the greatest music notation program on earth.

I agree with this statement.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

^
Quote from: Some MMORPG commercial that I can't remember the name to. World of Warcraft maybe?My name is Chuck Norris and I approve this game. statement.
The above quote made me think of this:
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Tried the trial version of the full Finale, SOOO much better!!! There's a three-day sale that ends today where it only costs $99.95, so I'll definitely be getting that!

NotePad seems literally what it sounds like - it's just a notepad. Not for full music, just to jot melodies down and whatnot.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

I got the full version, SO MUCH BETTER!!! Still harder to use than Noteflight, but way more advanced.

JDMEK5

It's great isn't it?
By the way, it's been suggested that each person put their finale version(s) in their signature. This helps in many ways I'm not going to go over right now because I'm lazy.

It's not mandatory, but it's recommended.

My Arrangements