The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

The "New" button does take you to the specific post, so either you aren't a waiting long enough or there's a problem.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Maybe make a "Trash can" board? Where we move all our locked topics?

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Yugi on May 17, 2013, 04:41:07 AMMaybe make a "Trash can" board? Where we move all our locked topics?
That would hurt the TWG section quite a bit.

Jamaha

Quote from: Onionleaf on May 17, 2013, 01:43:00 AM♦ I don't know about everyone else, but I find a lot of the font sizes to be way too small, especially in proportion to some of the other fonts. I don't think it is highly necessary for the quoted text to be so minuscule; most people would not type so many lines as to go over the default height of their post, so what reason is there for "saving space" like that? The menu bar at the top can also be made larger, it looks to be about the same size as the default font.

They're just the default size and I haven't bothered to alter them. They look fine to me, though.

Quote from: Onionleaf on May 17, 2013, 01:43:00 AM♦ When I click on a thread that has new replies since my last visit, it does not redirect me straight to the new post(s), is it supposed to do that? I sort of assumed that if you click on the "New" icon it would "snap" the screen to the first new post. It would be wonderful if I wouldn't have to scroll through the page to find the newest post (while reading all the small text on the dates). Even adding a little "star" or a bright little icon next to the date of the unread posts would help immensely.

As SlowPokemon said, it should work as you described right now.

Quote from: Onionleaf on May 17, 2013, 01:43:00 AM♦ I'd also find it helpful if there were several different skins to choose from. For example, sometimes I find it more soothing to the eyes if there is a darker background (ie. dark blue) with white text. Even a darker main background with the current theme would frame the posts nicely, I think.

The problem with multiple skins is that not all addons installed to the forum necessarily work with them. I'll keep that suggestion in mind anyway.

Quote from: Onionleaf on May 17, 2013, 01:43:00 AM♦ More options to fill in on our profile pages, perhaps? Even something as simple as "Your Preferred Musical Instrument" or "Occupation" would be fantastic. Just so that we may learn something basic about the other members instead of having to figure it out by reading all the posts.

Agreed. That should be simple to implement.

Quote from: Onionleaf on May 17, 2013, 01:43:00 AM♦ One last thing - you can never have too smileys. :P

As someone who hardly bothers with smileys (as I'm an emotionless Finn) I don't really see the need. Plus it looks like the most important smileys are already represented.

Quote from: YugiMaybe make a "Trash can" board? Where we move all our locked topics?

We had that before. I don't really see the need. Enlighten me though, because there obviously is some kind of reason for that.

FSM-Reapr

Dude

Bubbles

A trash can board might be useful occasionally, but it isnt necessarily needed. The only thing I can really see it being useful for besides cleaning out the other boards is organizing all the funnies (like the longest child) all in one place yes i know its gone its just an example

Yugi

Quote from: Jamaha on May 17, 2013, 05:59:41 AMWe had that before. I don't really see the need. Enlighten me though, because there obviously is some kind of reason for that.
It makes the forum more professional, and less cluttered.

Onionleaf

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 17, 2013, 04:21:32 AMThe "New" button does take you to the specific post, so either you aren't a waiting long enough or there's a problem.
Ah, it must be a fault from my part, thank you for the clarification. :)

Quote from: Jamaha on May 17, 2013, 05:59:41 AMThe problem with multiple skins is that not all addons installed to the forum necessarily work with them. I'll keep that suggestion in mind anyway.

No worries, I wouldn't want to shove even more work on you, especially when I don't have much of a clue as to how to go about altering the site formatting. Like I said, I'll get used to it eventually.

The archive/trash can forum is helpful to keep "spam" away, but this forum seems to be pretty well organised IMO. After all, the members make a forum site what it really is.

@FSM: Those are really cute smileys. ^^

I just realised I made a typo in my previous post.. gah, whatever!

JDMEK5

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 17, 2013, 07:05:41 AM
We need pokemon smileys!!! I'm dead serious here! (Electrode works quite well... ^)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FSM-Reapr

JDMEK5

^Don't steal my thunder! I always get them mixed up. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Well, in his defense, voltorb doesn't have a mouth...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

We should also have a "Top Requester" thing too. Whoever has made the most requests up to a given point. Ya, no?

My Arrangements

Yugi