News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

I kinda like the consoles idea but for some categories it would be entirely unnecessary like with golden sun.
It would definitely make it easier to browse the "other" section
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mastersuperfan

I was thinking that some sort of symbol, like a star or a crown, should be implemented next to the name of a game on the site that has its soundtrack completed with sheets all up to current standards of quality.

In discussing this idea with Latios, he suggested a system where one icon, such as a gold star, be displayed next to games with their full soundtracks completed and silver stars displayed next to games that don't have all the tracks completed but for which all of the sheets are of good quality (e.g. he cited Super Mario 3D World as an example)--a proposition that I'm all for.

Thoughts? I'd like to see this implemented sometime (within the next five years, preferably), partly as an indicator to visitors as to what games have all good sheets and partly as motivation for arranging for certain games (maybe finishing up all those unofficial arrangement projects, huh...).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

This is kinda like what I do in my PA; I label certain games with complete OSTs with a glow effect.

I support this idea.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Sounds like a good idea; it enables a bit more convenience and provides more information about the site while not taking anything away or making any changes that are too drastic.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

WaluigiTime64

if there's a kind of shoddy-looking star for things that need desperate replacing then i feel sorry for the person who would have to go through the entire Other section to check

which is why that shoddy-looking star probably won't happen
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on September 10, 2017, 08:01:38 PMif there's a kind of shoddy-looking star for things that need desperate replacing then i feel sorry for the person who would have to go through the entire Other section to check

which is why that shoddy-looking star probably won't happen

but
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

yeah i thought of that but it still only accounts for formatting
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Well this isn't for every individual sheet, just certain games, so it shouldn't be too much work

And for the record I would be willing to go through and check the whole site if need be

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 10, 2017, 08:16:58 PMAnd for the record I would be willing to go through and check the whole site if need be

I'll be saving this baby in the Hall of Quotes.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Trasdegi

Well, if you count 3500 sheets, 10min per sheet, and 10 mad people ready to check sheets 2h/day, you can check all sheets in a month

mastersuperfan

SlowPokemon

Oh, a little too much time? Okay, five minutes per sheet. That way you get it all done in two weeks.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Woah since when do sheets take only ten minutes to check??? Sign me up, damn.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!