The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

We could always just leave it open as an option to those who want to (rather than any kind of mandation, but that wasn't the idea anyways). If those arrangers were to come back and write something and leave again, no harm done really.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

Waddle Bro

no one said you're narcissistic ._.' chill he was referring to what i said as well,
Quote from: Waddle Bro on March 22, 2016, 05:23:33 PMNo offense but it seems to serve no purpose except for supporting possible bragging rights.

don't get triggered over nothing friend we're not on tumblr

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 23, 2016, 10:27:04 AMreally?  You think I'm narcissistic?
For as much as you have accused me of reading things out of context, you appear to have done the same.

Quote from: Sebastian on March 22, 2016, 05:04:49 PMWould it be possible to add a "Total Number of Arrangements" statistic to each Arranger Name?
Quote from: Waddle Bro on March 22, 2016, 05:23:33 PMNo offense but it seems to serve no purpose except for supporting possible bragging rights. You claim it's useful to guests, but how? tbh i fail to see the use, please enlighten me.
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 22, 2016, 10:08:05 PMSeems to me to just be a narcissism thing.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 23, 2016, 11:31:25 AM[snip]

well it's not narcissistic if you're saying you want to see others but i'm p sure pds was mostly referring to mlf lol

mikey

as someone who would like to see stuff like that appear I say it's not a bragging or narcissism thing
unmotivated

Dudeman

I personally agree that it doesn't serve a huge purpose beyond bragging rights, though, which is why I liked the idea of personalized descriptions either in place of them or alongside them.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

why would I brag about my whopping 4 1/2 arrangements
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Waddle Bro on March 23, 2016, 10:53:09 AMno one said you're narcissistic ._.'
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 23, 2016, 11:24:24 AMFor as much as you have accused me of reading things out of context, you appear to have done the same.

we already clarified how no one claimed you were narcissistic and after that you've made three posts pointing out how you're not narcissistic,

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 23, 2016, 11:31:25 AM
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 22, 2016, 05:30:39 PMI for one would like to see numbers
not necessarily my own, mostly others' but yes
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 23, 2016, 11:34:26 AMas someone who would like to see stuff like that appear I say it's not a bragging or narcissism thing
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 23, 2016, 11:43:17 AMwhy would I brag about my whopping 4 1/2 arrangements
please can you end it

mikey

sure I'll stop only because you guys STILL never get what I'm saying you just completely ignore me and everything I say
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

I was thinking about adding a little arrangement total in users' forum profiles so it would appear next to posts and so on but obviously it hasn't been done. Although it sounds like it might just be that final straw to the camel's back.

I can't believe how fired up this got over a simple suggestion. I think I need to start handing out rations of chill pills to everyone.

Waddle Bro

deku fam with all due respect, no one was saying more statistics like that wouldn't be interesting. just calling out the motives like claimed "usefulness" people were trying to advertise it as, especially when there are other suggestions that can be seen as more beneficial to add
also tbh I personally wouldn't want a number saying "arrangements:0" under my forum post count, at least make it an optional thing

also half of this fuzz came from people assuming they were accused of being narcissistic

The Deku Trombonist

Haha yeah I know, there was a bit of catastrophising there. Also, it wouldn't have appeared at all for people with zero arrangements, if I understand how the system works correctly.

I'm still handing out chill pills though!!!

Dude

Guys,

1. http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/browse/arranger
2. Click someone
3. Ctrl+f that  person's name
4. Subtract 1 from the total amount of instances of the name
5. ??????
6. Profit!