News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

I think that posting a YouTube link in the thread is basically the same thing in terms of work you need to do as submitting an mp3. Plus you don't need to download anything.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

I think what he's trying to say is the NSM Panel should take a Youtube link and Zeta should include that in the OP, which would indeed be very convenient
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2015, 11:34:05 AMI think what he's trying to say is the NSM Panel should take a Youtube link and Zeta should include that in the OP, which would indeed be very convenient
Exactly^

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Altissimo

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 03, 2015, 11:53:37 AMOkay that'd shave off like 30 seconds

Still useful especially since several newbies fail to put their own links in and it'd save erryone time

Sebastian

Quote from: Altissimo on November 03, 2015, 11:58:09 AMStill useful especially since several newbies fail to put their own links in and it'd save everyone time
You hit the nail on the head
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

Quote from: Altissimo on November 03, 2015, 11:58:09 AMStill useful especially since several newbies fail to put their own links in and it'd save erryone time
Ah I geddit now

Tobbeh99

Just noticed that Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS are 2 different titles. Is this really necessary since there are only 2 songs for the DS version?? Maybe better to have them all at one place? 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Yeah... Those songs are only in the DS version, so it wouldn't make sense to put them in the N64 section.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 03, 2015, 02:36:55 PMJust noticed that Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS are 2 different titles. Is this really necessary since there are only 2 songs for the DS version?? Maybe better to have them all at one place?

Actually, you got all the versus songs plus the minigames. Another thing is that they're not arranged. :J

Trainer Ave

Honestly I don't know how people feel about this but I feel the Chrono Trigger series (or whatever the series is officially named) should have its own section.
Note: between Chrono Cross, Chrono Triggier, and Radical Dreamers there are currently 25 arrangements on the site
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

12Mari0

Ok, so I know that there have been multiple requests for a difficulty rating system on NSM, and I had the idea of using the AMEB grades as levels to determine difficulty. For those of you who aren't Australian, AMEB, or the Australian Music Examinations Board, is the authority who examines musical ability in an official capacity. You would play three pieces, plus technical work, and the examiner would grade you on your skill. For different grades, you choose pieces out of different graded books. NinSheetMusic could grade its pieces according to the AMEB guidelines. This system works well because it isn't user-determined, meaning that pieces that the best pianists find easy wouldn't be ranked lower than an easier piece found challenging by a junior pianist. The link to AMEB's website will be here.

The positives of using this system are that it works, as proven by AMEB's success,and that  it is not decided by the users, perhaps it could be up to the Updaters to decide which grade the piece most resembles? I do not own samples of all of the grades, but the ones that I do have will be posted below. This system could be largely beneficial to not only the NSM community but also some of the less experienced guests who wish to play some of NSM's gaming pieces. Thank you.
Mario: Some sort of superman who can smash bricks with his head. Dies when he touches a turtle. Nintendo logic.

braix

Are these difficulty ratings known and accepted worldwide and can you determine what rating you are without an examiner? I'm getting the feeling that it would only help the few users that are in Australia, in which case it would require tons more work than it would be worth.

12Mari0

I can easily assume that there are other examination boards, and we could follow their systems instead. Perhaps Australians would benefit from this more so than others, but it still would be a system of displaying which pieces are easier than others.
Mario: Some sort of superman who can smash bricks with his head. Dies when he touches a turtle. Nintendo logic.