News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Pokésorter

Started by Zunawe, April 23, 2013, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Hi, people. So, this just kinda came out of me not having a personal project for programming stuff. I'm not sure how much people are going to use it, but I'll put it out there anyway.

What it is: This program organizes the pokemon you enter into it. You can save in multiple files to perhaps separate the organization across games, or maybe have multiple teams saved. It will ask you for the level, Individual Values (IVs), and Effort Values (EVs) for each pokemon you enter. It then saves it to a list that you can see in a dropdown menu. When you select a pokemon from that menu it will show you all the stats of that pokemon. It is possible to edit the pokemon after entry.

How to run it: You'll need to compile and run the program yourself. It's written in Java with no special dependencies.

Where to get it:
https://github.com/Zunawe/pokesorter

Things to do:
   Add/Update Sprites for Gen VI

Problems:
   None reported

Constructive criticism is appreciated. It is also notable that I do not understand the mechanics of some of the alternate forms. If you don't feel that a certain form should be handled the way it is, suggest a way to handle it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

uberdragon

This looks great. Thanks for your work, a lot of people will probably appreciate it.
"You believed your prophecy, and we believed in mopping the floor with you."
-Bowser
Super Paper Mario

Zunawe

Updated to an executable, so running it shouldn't be as big of an issue.

Also, formatting was fixed, and some restrictions were put in place for numeric values.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

EFitTrainr

If you programmed it C++, wouldn't an if else statement work to fix your issue? (I haven't programmed in a while, so I'm a little rusty)
I like food.

Zunawe

The problem is that Java's scanner or console input reader puts out an error if it finds itself scanning the wrong thing.

Also, even if I knew C++ well enough to do this, it would take forever to copy over.

The problem isn't that I don't know how to fix it, it's that I don't feel like adding a try/catch around every input right now.

I program things

Zunawe

Updated. It has full functionality, but I'm still going to improve upon it and fix holes. The previous executable didn't work, but it's fine now.

I program things

Zunawe

Guise, u shud comment so I don't triple-post and I don't feel lonely.

I now have a simplified version that doesn't require IVs or EVs for those of you who don't care about them. The downside is that you'll have to manually update each stat after a level up or whatever. It functions the same way otherwise.

I program things

blueflower999

I have a crappy laptop that can barely run the internet and my Skype. How big is this file? I don't want to download  so many things that it pushes my computer beyond its limits.

If it's not too big, this looks pretty coll.  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

I program things

blueflower999

That sounds pretty small. It's about the size of some of my Word Documents, so it should be fine.

*Downloads*
Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

This is weird... It won't let me run it. It keeps sending bunches of error messages that flash up on screen for half a second and then vanish. The program doesn't stay open.

I downloaded it, extracted the file, and put the shortcut on my desktop. What did I do wrong? D:
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

Umm, do you have java installed?

I program things

blueflower999

That's probably it. IDK.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

If you see a quick two lines before it closes, then that's it. I'll fix that so that it tells you to download java.

EDIT: Fixed so that you can actually see it tell you to download java. Also, entering non-numeric values should result in a short message and another prompt. Please tell me of any instance where this does not happen.

I program things

Zunawe

A few things to say:
   Thank you for actually reading this. It's nice to know that somebody knows about this.
   There is a new known problem with loading where it only loads the first object. Addressed in next statement.
   GUI is well on its way. I just need to add a few simple things and the most basic form will be released. Because of this I will not be fixing the console program. It will be replaced in about a week. Hopefully some more people will be attracted to the tool with buttons and text fields rather than a console.

That is all for now.

I program things