News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 01, 2018, 02:56:59 PMWhat, with all the F#'s and the like?

...Yes? they're chromatic neighboring tones to the G naturals (major thirds).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

This, ladies and gentlemen, demonstrates my knowledge of music theory's inner workings. :P Thanks, Olimar (and Dudeman)!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Help plz. I think it's in 4/4 but I'm not too sure
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

FireArrow

Quick listen I'm getting 5/4 but it should be pretty easy to figure out once you start writing it down.

edit: idk different parts are counting differently but yeah just transcribe it first
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

LifeMushroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tANCbV9OJ4s&feature=youtu.be

Hi, I'm trying to transcribe this and I'm having trouble finding the key and time signature. I think it's in 5/4 and the beginning is C Major, but I'm not sure if the key changes afterwards.

Dudeman

Definitely 5/4; it does start in C Major, and I'd transition to E minor at 0:21.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Thomas446

I'm 99% sure the key is C, and that the time signature is 4/4, but when I try and arrange it, the measures don't make good "phrases" of music, so I'm hoping someone can check my work.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dekkadeci

You'd be correct on both counts--I'd notate it as C major in 4/4 time, too. There's a strong swing feel throughout (with the occasional straight 16th notes, especially when the piece quotes the Underground theme). You might be notating the beat as too short, based on your words about phrase lengths--I'd notate the intro as 2 bars long. The phrases seem to have fairly clean lengths to me (often 4 bars long). Phrases sometimes do start with pickup notes, though.

Tobbeh99

Not the right kind of thread maybe but. I have a question (regarding formatting):

If you're going to have footnotes. One at page 2 and one at page 3. Do you write the first footnote as "1)" and the second as "2)", or do write both as "1)"? Like is the first footnote "1)" and second "2)", or are both "1)" since they are on different pages?

Here's a link to the sheet music: Sheet Music

edit: asked some of my music teachers, and they thought/said that you should have a "1)" at page 2 and then a "1)" at page 3 (since they are on different pages).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Melomony

Hi, I was wondering what the time signature and key was for this song:

Thanks in advanced!
"Courage need not be remembered, for it is never forgotten."

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Melomony

"Courage need not be remembered, for it is never forgotten."

invy

So I'm working on the title theme for Ring Fit Adventure, and I'm not sure whether I should go with 4/4 or 4/2. 4/2 looks less messy, but is it as easy to understand?

Part of the song in 4/4:

And part in 4/2:

Dekkadeci

4/2 is so rare that it's significantly harder to understand than 4/4. I'd use 4/4 and deal with the rests some other way.