News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

Thanks! Of course, I might end up figuring out the notes just to make a remix. XD Still, trying is good. The low-pitched string instrument(?) might be a bit hard to figure out, mind.

Deku Trombonist, would you object to me using your Princess Zelda's Rescue sheet music for reference?

(Someone with great video editing talent needs to make a montage of all the scenes where Zelda's Lullaby plays while each version of that music plays in succession, with seamless transitions.)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

or the part where she turns into a ghost and flips out and flies up in the air and wastes like 10 minutes of your time just cause she's a prissy little drama queen
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Imagine: Lorule Spirit Tracks.

Does Finale cost anything?
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Altissimo

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 02, 2016, 07:48:57 AMDoes Finale cost anything?

Notepad, no. But Notepad unfortunately sucks and also does not allow you to do everything the formatting guidelines require unless you use a template.

SlowPokemon

I'm sure some of the mods would be willing to help you out by filling in the features absent from Notepad.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Dudeman on April 01, 2016, 10:11:25 PMI'd put the second key as A Major even though it switches back and forth between that and B Major, and the final one is probably best as Ab Major because the section in question is 10 quick measures long and shifts between the IV and V chords of that key signature (and is in the V chord, Eb Major, more often than not), eventually resolving back to the tonic chord.
That makes sense. Thanks!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 02, 2016, 08:32:42 AMI'm sure some of the mods would be willing to help you out by filling in the features absent from Notepad.
Yep, doesn't even have to be a mod. If you shoot me a PM, I can add any features you need if Notepad can't do it! (Or pretty much anyone with a full version, for that matter.)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Nitro Indigo

I probably won't end up making sheet music for Zelda Wondering (is Finale easy to get used to?), but I'm still trying to figure out the notes of it for a remix I might make. Does the base line go eighth1-eighth2-eighth1-eighth2-quarter1? "2" being an unknown note that's higher than "1", also unknown. I have the pattern as eighthD-eighthF-eighthD-eighthF-quarterD, but the notes could be anything. Don't tell me what they are, because I'd like to figure the actual note names out for myself, I'd just like to know their relative pitches. It almost sounds like there's a beat at the start of the baseline that's being obscured by the guitar.

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 02, 2016, 11:14:12 AMDoes the base line go eighth1-eighth2-eighth1-eighth2-quarter1? "2" being an unknown note that's higher than "1", also unknown. I have the pattern as eighthD-eighthF-eighthD-eighthF-quarterD

As far as I can tell the bass line is definitely 8th+8th+8th+8th+8th+8th (straight quavers) and they're based around a triad sometimes in major and sometimes in minor. When there is a harmonising note to the bass note it seems to be a major third above the top note of the triad making a minor into major effect (or vice versa). Using the way you wrote it above I would say: eighth1-eighth2-eighth3-eighth2-eighth3-eighth2 in mostcases, with the first note being covered by a guitar (it's not a rest) but I might just be hearing things  :-\

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 02, 2016, 11:14:12 AMIs Finale easy to get used to?

I would say so but I haven't used notepad I started with Finale PrintMusic 200(8)?, it's based around different windows containing specific 'tools' that's easy to navigate (and in my opinion much quicker)

Hope I have helped, somehow  ;D

btw nice signature
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Nitro Indigo

...Does that basically mean there's some sharps in the baseline? I don't know musical theory terminology much, though I am starting to pick some terms up.

Ōkami~MD

because of the key the tune starts in (e minor) there should only be one recurring sharp that you would need to worry about, so usually, when the bass is a major triad then yes there will be sharps

....sorry I don't feel I've explained very well
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Nitro Indigo

To Wikipedia!
QuoteIn music, a triad is a set of three notes that can be stacked in thirds.
So eighth1 is actually three notes...?

Dudeman

The use of sharps (and flats) will be wholly dependent on the notes themselves being used. I can say with certainty that an F# does crop up every now and again in the bass.

ninja'd
Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 02, 2016, 02:17:33 PMSo eighth1 is actually three notes...?
Well no, the piece is in 3/4 (three beats, and the quarter note has the beat) and there are six notes being played in each measure. Each note in the bassline is an eighth note.

EDIT: Oh wait, a triad. I read that as "triplet." Oops. Yes, the on-beats in the bassline consist of...actually, I think most of the time they're just two notes. I know you said you don't want the notes themselves given to you, but it might help your comprehension if someone writes up a quick visual of what the bassline is.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

Let me rephrase that: Is eighth1 three notes being played at the same time?

Dudeman

I edited my post just as you were posting; give it a read. I misread something.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

Okay then. Now that I've decided that I won't be making sheet music (I'm fickle), I suppose knowing the notes outright wouldn't hurt. But why do I only want to know the baseline? You'll see...