News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Dudeman on March 02, 2016, 10:13:52 AMSince the piece is in a sharped key signature, I would recommend using A#'s instead of Bb's.
I don't think that's how it works.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 02, 2016, 12:03:14 PMnay nay my friend. That's not how it works.

Here's what I'd do:
mm. 18 LH: Bb's as written, since it sounds like a lowered fifth rather than a raised fourth.
mm. 18 RH: B natural as written (with a courtesy natural). That is just V - i (easy)
mm. 22 LH: keep the Bb's, since it's an ostinato (a figure that repeats underneath the melody).
mm. 23 RH: keep the A#. Chromatic ascent.

tl;dr (hardly) you had it right the first time.

Hmmmm, that doesn't seem right because of measures 31 & 32. Measure 31 sounds like a Bb major chord and 32 sounds like a B major chord.....unless I have those measures wrong.

Finished sheet:
[MUS]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

\

Just need help with the beginning. How should this be notated? It clearly goes into 3/4 after, but I'm not sure what to do about the beginning bit.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I'm not sure in this specific case. But for these kinds of sections I usually try to find the closes tempo + time signature and change if needed to make it as accurate as possible but also not too complicated. I often also try to make the notes on strong beats, unless they feel like they're on a weak beat.
I think it's some sort of 5/4 and then 3/4's and later I think there is a 4/4 as well. You can also write rubato, indicating that the tempo is a bit loose.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

I hear it all as a slightly quicker 3/4 than the rest of the piece, with a ritard towards the end.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 28, 2016, 06:15:19 AMI hear it all as a slightly quicker 3/4 than the rest of the piece, with a ritard towards the end.
I agree; I'm hearing a quicker 3/4 as well.

Also, I kind of have my own question.

In this song, I'm pretty confident that the beginning key sig is Ab major (even though there are some D naturals). The second and third keys that it goes into are where I get a little confused. The original sheet on site (this is going to be a replacement) has the second key as E major, but I was thinking it could range anywhere from A major to B major (in terms of sharps). For the final key signature, The sheet on site has Ab major, but based on the first chord in that key I thought it should be Db major. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mastersuperfan

Can't listen to it right now because I'm not at home, but from memory I can confirm that the first section seems to be Ab major.

I'll check the other sections when I do get home.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blge4fEHzoo
time signatures?
I thought 4/4(85bpm) and 6/8 but those are just guesses.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

4/4
tempo seems to be around 88
unmotivated

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

Oh, yeah, I've almost completed this one.
It's 4/4 until minute:seconds and then 6/8 until repeat

braix

yay I guessed 6/8 correctly thanks guys

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 28, 2016, 02:30:06 AM
\

Just need help with the beginning. How should this be notated? It clearly goes into 3/4 after, but I'm not sure what to do about the beginning bit.
With this track, what do you all think is the rough BPM?
what is shitpost

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book