What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

...no. No, the piece is in A Major. You can't arbitrarily change key sigs like that.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Yeah, I should stick with your judgement. Thanks again!
Edit: Nice vocabulary by the way.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Nebbles

Dudeman's right, can't do that.

I'm sure this is 4/4, the only thing I'm still a little unsure about is the key signature.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zeila

I know this is in 6/8 (then it goes to 4/4 I believe), but what is the key signature? Is it C major? A minor? F major? Idunno. Also just to confirm, the official name is "Lake" right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKuQNEuXBA

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'd say to notate it in F major. That's what it sounds like to me most, though it does modulate a bit.
what is shitpost

BrainyLucario

How about this one? I need the key signature, the time signature, and if possible the metronome marking, I suck at telling what they are.

Dudeman

F Major, 4/4 time. Question: do we really need a separate arrangement for the "Dunked On" version of Dogsong? I honestly think that the Undertale sheet list is going to be overwhelmingly large if we included every single variation included in the game. Shouldn't we just be arranging the official soundtrack? (with maybe a few of the jingles included?)

As for the tempo, you should find a good tempo tapper and measure it out for yourself. I like to use this one.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

That would have to be Yug_Guy's call.....
We are still going to have over 100 songs to arrange if we do that.... (minus the completed ones)

mastersuperfan

First one starts in C minor and goes to F minor.

Second one is in E major.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Need keysigs n' stuff, though I won't get around to arranging until I get back.

scratchwork for first couple of measures

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

I'm hearing 4/4, Ab/G# minor. Though Ab minor's probably a nightmare to notate so I'd go with G# minor.