News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I'm thinking about having it 6/8 but having certain parts beamed as 3/4. Like the part at 0:41, it seems like the RH goes in 6/8 but the LH in 3/4. What do think about that option?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

I mean, if the entire song can be counted in the same time signature idk why you would want to overcomplicate things
...I still don't feel qualified to give music advice.
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Here is a Mus. of what I come so far and to show what I meant.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Wild%20Arms%203.zip

I think that way of writing makes it easier to read the LH rather than beaming it like 6/8, but the RH seems fine with 6/8.

Edit: I'm leaning towards writing this in 3/4 entirely. The accentuation in certain places plus the beaming gives me clues to think that this one is better written in 3/4. And the in 6/8 straight beats actually seems more like syncoped notes.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Onionleaf

Apologies if I'm incorrect but I, too, am always hearing the two sets of quick 1-2-3 counts all throughout the song, so if I was arranging it I'd use 6/8 time. If the time would be changed to 3/4 then the 4th quaver in the bar is no longer accented and the melody line makes no sense. However, I see what you mean about the accompaniment sounding like 3/4. Perhaps you could add the syncopated rhythm into the left hand while keeping it all in 6/8 time? (Haha, I just realised that this is the opposite of what you said in your edit. It's a brain teaser, isn't it? xP)

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Onionleaf

I think "tricky" is a bit of an understatement.  :P It sounds colossally difficult to play, but is so amazing! I've always loved the kind of fast-paced, dramatic JRPG-like soundtracks such as this one, really cool. It stills sounds like 6/8 time for me in some places though, but I think it's best I jump out of that debate, it's just messing up my mind now. xD

Tobbeh99

Y I agree that it is very difficult to play, I'm considering tweaking it at certain parts to make it more playable. This is one of the songs that I think would benefit a lot from the Easy Versions Idea.

10/10 tobbeh

braix

Spoiler
I need the time signatures for these songs. I can probably figure out the time signatures by myself.
Copyright and arranger info is also appreciated because I can't find it ._.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Gooper Blooper is in 12/8.

I'd notate Surfshine Harbor in 6/4, but it might be good to get someone else's opinion on that first.

Blue Skies, White Clouds is just in 4/4.

Copyright seems to be Nintendo, Intelligent Systems, and Vanpool © 2012.

According to BrawlBRSTMs3, the full list of composers is:

Masanori Adachi, Yasuhia Baba, Hiroaki Hanaoka, Kiyoshi Hazemoto, Saki Kurata, Horoki Morishita, Shoh Murakami, Kosei Muraki, Tomoko Sano, Yoshito Sekigawa, Yasumasa Yamada, Koji Kondo

...Someone might want to look into that a little more.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

FireArrow

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 20, 2015, 04:58:19 PMI'd notate Surfshine Harbor in 6/4, but it might be good to get someone else's opinion on that first.

I'd just do 3/4.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheMarioPianist

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

braix

Gooper Blooper's intro is so fucking weird to arrange...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Just making sure that the key is C major like the sheet on site suggests, and I'd like someone with experience to verify it:
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian