News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Haven't done any arranging for a while with my rather demanding piano repertoire, so while I practice, would somebody give me the time sig to this lovely thing out of the kindness of their heart? <3 Thanks friends~ I would say "yoomtah!" but it's the wrong game
what is shitpost

Latios212

Seems like good ol' 4/4 to me. (At least that's what Bespinben had when he orchestrated this one.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Many thanks. Listening to it now; it's giving me lots of great ideas (<3 you Bespinben)
what is shitpost

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Jompa

It's the same as the rest of the piece: 12/8 or 6/8
Birdo for Smash

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheMarioPianist

If you want to get really technical, it's either this or this. The fact that there are both Ebs and E naturals make it kind of confusing, and I am not by any means an expert here. Someone else let me know if any of these are reasonable...I would think it would make more sense to write it in C Dorian or C Mixolydian, unless the modes I linked above are more common than I think. I'd definitely wait for someone else to either second or refute this.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Jompa

It's C-lydian. There are some notes used that aren't from C-lydian, but that is only because that second melody is always a major third beneath the melody - and so F, Eb and Bb are sometimes used under A, G and D, respectively.
So C-major.
Birdo for Smash

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Jompa on December 01, 2015, 01:45:44 PMIt's C-lydian. There are some notes used that aren't from C-lydian, but that is only because that second melody is always a major third beneath the melody - and so F, Eb and Bb are sometimes used under A, G and D, respectively.
So C-major.
This is why I don't answer these questions. ;D
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

E major.

also try to avoid double-posting thanks
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

This song confuses me. Is it 3/4 or 6/8? Seem to go in both, or alternate constantly, or 6/8 in RH and 3/4 in LH at times. What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-0uVT66vDU
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

I thinks it's 6/8. It has that constant 2/4 feel.

mikey

oh cool
this is actually similar to Ballad of the Goddess from Skyward Sword, where it can be counted in both.  For this one 6/8 seems more appropriate imo and then you would just use triplets as opposed to 3/4 using dotted quarters or whatever
that might just be my bias for 6/8 speaking though maybe it's technically more correct to run it as 3/4 but I'm not a pedagogue
unmotivated