News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 20, 2015, 05:50:09 PMYou're correct. F Major
Cool, thanks. The first 15 seconds or so is hard to tell the time signature, but I'm just going to write it in 4/4 for now.
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

The first part seems to be based on G major. It appears to do a few nice modulations before landing in F major for the rest of it.

Sebastian

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 20, 2015, 08:18:35 PMThe first part seems to be based on G major. It appears to do a few nice modulations before landing in F major for the rest of it.
I was getting that vibe too

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 20, 2015, 08:20:47 PMI was getting that vibe too
As was I when I started arranging it. It's fun to arrange because now I'm also learning directly how compositions are structured
what is shitpost

Jompa

It begins in G-major, then goes to C-major, then there is a small part in Eb-major, before a long-lasting dominant chord to F-marjo appears (in other words: it's F-major here), and then it lands in F-major at about the halfway point of the song and stays there all the way through.
Birdo for Smash

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Jompa on June 22, 2015, 06:08:52 AMIt begins in G-major, then goes to C-major, then there is a small part in Eb-major, before a long-lasting dominant chord to F-marjo appears (in other words: it's F-major here), and then it lands in F-major at about the halfway point of the song and stays there all the way through.
Agreed. I notated it as B flat for my purposes, but I may well change it anyways (it goes on long enough to mandate a key sig change IMO)
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I suck at hearing chords, and I need to know the chords for this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9SWsTx5R4w

Would be really nice if anyone helped me out, or even just a part of the song.

Edit: Here's a version of what I guess that the chords are. But I'm far from sure. Also, don't mind the melody or that the LH only consists of bass notes, I'll finish this once I have the chords down.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

^ You seem pretty accurate with the chords. I could be wrong though, I'm a newbie arranger.
This feels like cut time or common time (equivalent time sigs anyways, I can always change it later if one turns out to be "better" for notation than the other) and C minor. Though with that e blues riff that was in Pyrite building, too..
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I'd say common time, the percussion makes it feel like a 4/4 to me. 
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Jompa

@Tobbeh99

It's mostly not wrong, but some chords are wrong:
In measure#8: the chords are not B - E, it's Bm7 - Dmaj/E.
In measure#9: it's not just an F#m, it's F#sus - F#m.
In measure#12: the chords are not B - E, it's Bm7 - Gmaj (and the bass tone is a G).
In measure#13: it's not F#sus - F#m, it's just a measure-long F#sus. In the next measure (#14) this is resolved into a F# (not F#m).
Birdo for Smash

Tobbeh99

Oh, thanks a lot Jompa! :) Now I'll continue with finishing the song. :)

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Going to bed now, maybe I'll think of what it is in the morning.
The second theme seems to be in B major, though I could be wrong about.
what is shitpost

Sebastian

G Minor for the first 30 or so seconds and I think it changes to G Major or C Major.....