What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Dont know where else to post this but where in finale our those line that point from left hand to right hand at or......?

Sebastian

lol nvm. I found it. It's the line tool

Maelstrom

I can't figure out for the life of me whether this should be ♩=45 or ♩=90.
And whether it changes when it swaps to 3/4 at 1:26
And wth is the key signature. It's something weird, all right.

Sebastian

Wow!
That is one weird song. It feels like it's in D Minor (1 flat) throughout the beginning.
The time sig is another story. I Can't pinpoint it. It felt like 4/4 6/4 and even 6/8 at some spots. Idk :/
Tough song.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

I think he confused the relative major and minor.

Any second opinions?

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 25, 2015, 12:39:04 PMI think he confused the relative major and minor.
Whoops I was thinking D but my fingers put F
Sorry XD

InsigTurtle

The first part feels like 4/4 time or something similar before going to 3/4. After that, it sounds like 4/4 again.
I would notate the first part in D minor and the second part in F minor, adding those flats as accidentals. I have no idea what the key signature is when that organ comes in...

Maelstrom

My real question is, is it ♩=45 or ♩=90?

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 25, 2015, 01:12:20 PMMy real question is, is it ♩=45 or ♩=90?
I'd go 90.....personally. But I don't think it really matters

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 25, 2015, 01:13:56 PMI'd go 90.....personally. But I don't think it really matters
But then the quarter tied over the bar line feels really unnatural.

Sebastian

Maelstrom

The Deku Trombonist

I'm on my phone so I can't really offer anything remotely concrete, but have you considered a different time signature, such as 4/2 with minim = 45?

Jompa

Just to clear up, for the key signature:
It starts with that D-minor-thing. There is a feeling of phrygian here. It then goes to that C-minor-chord-thing, but the tonal center actually also changes to C-minor, where there also is a phrygian feel. I would not notate this key change because it happens again and again and only stay in one of the keys for short periods.
When the organ takes over (0:45) it is in Bb-minor.
Then it goes to Db-minor for those weird rhythm stuff, and then to Eb-minor over the same rhythm stuff, and then it goes of to some strange free-tonal-ish stuff, but that's basically there so it can land on that Eb-chord which leads to D-minor at the repeat.
Birdo for Smash