News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Jompa

4/4, with a couple of occational 3/4-measures
Birdo for Smash

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

Make that 12/8 unless you want the tempo to be something like 400 bpm
Birdo for Smash

Olimar12345

3/4 time with the quarter note at 188 is nothing abnormal.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

On my phone this song sounded totally 12/8 (the drums were really faint), but now on my computer I can hear that it's in 3/4, so you're right.
Birdo for Smash

FierceDeity

I mean, technically speaking this is pretty constantly alternating between 6/8 and 3/4, though yeah there's nothing wrong with writing it all in 3/4 and every other bar as a mild syncopation. Could also write it all as 6/8 imo.

Is there a name for a time signature that indicates this alternation, though? I played a brass choir piece recently that listed both 3/4 and 6/8 at the beginning in the order in which they alternate, and wasn't sure if that was more common. There may have been something similar in the third movement of Grainger's Lincolnshire Posy as well, but that might have just been a shitty engraving job on long rests (I wouldn't be surprised, the entire engraving was pretty awful).

Yugi

McDucky

Quote from: Yugi on January 18, 2015, 02:45:22 PMdecided to go with a different mgr song, tume key

You probably shouldn't trust me, but 6/8 Emin?

Maelstrom

Hearing 4/4, but idk. I think it changes in places.

Jompa

There might be some awkward language barrier stuff in this post:
It's in 12/8 or 6/8 or whatever you prefer but there's a lot of duplet eights being played over the underlying tuplet eights rhythm (hemiols, polyrhythmic, all that stuff) making that straight 4/4 feel we occationally get. It is in B-minor, in phrygian.
Birdo for Smash

braix

What time signature is this?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.