News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 02, 2014, 11:52:36 AMYeah this is what I meant!  You don't have to play through anything just look at the signature and you know.

Jompa what makes you think I don't know circle of 5ths?  I don't quite understand where you're coming from with that...
But we don't know the signature... We aren't talking about how to identify the tonic out of looking at the key, we are talking about finding it through listening.
And you obviously don't know the circle of fifths as you said you didn't "remember" how to identify the tonic out of the signature..
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

It's the parallell key to the one mlf asked about.
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

So Eb Major?

Also, what would the time signature be?

Jompa

Actually, C minor is better to say, as that's what the whole piece starts in kinda, but it's the same thing really.
Time signature is just 4/4
Birdo for Smash

mikey

Quote from: Jompa on January 02, 2014, 02:29:17 PMBut we don't know the signature... We aren't talking about how to identify the tonic out of looking at the key, we are talking about finding it through listening.
And you obviously don't know the circle of fifths as you said you didn't "remember" how to identify the tonic out of the signature..
What I meant was the second to last flat thing.  The pneumonic device for the circle of fifths isn't hard to remember :)
unmotivated

Sebastian

At 0:22, does it change to 4/4 and then change back to 3/4 at 0:28??

this song:

insaneintherain

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 03, 2014, 10:48:46 AMAt 0:22, does it change to 4/4 and then change back to 3/4 at 0:28??

this song:

Yep.

Sebastian

Sebastian

The time sig. is kinda tricky (stupid  ::)) in this song

9/8?? 4/4??

Sebastian

Thats what I thought :)
This will be an interesting song to arrange.

Jompa

you shouldn't use 9/8 here. It's not wrong, but it makes it overly complicated for an extremely simple song. Do it in 3/4 with swing instead!
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian