News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

Musicians just take their meters very seriously.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Clanker37

Quote from: Jompa on July 09, 2013, 03:03:40 PMYou know, if the beats are at 1 and 3 then it's not 6/8. 6/8 is when the beats are at 1 and 4, but that's probably what you meant.
Yeah, lol. I suck at maths.
Quote from: Jompa on July 09, 2013, 03:03:40 PMActually though, I think you misunderstood Slow and me: you see, we treated your eights as quarters, making half a measure of your 6/8 a measure of 3/4 to us. And that really shouldn't cause trouble with the arrangement, neither is it wrong. Which is why I said one could just choose (you'd have to double the note durations in 3/4 though. I probably should have said that..).
I know that! I was just expressing my opinion that 6/8 is better than 3/4 for this song. Neither are wrong, but I would arrange it in 6/8. It's just a personal preference.

Jompa

Not really a flame war, Yugi..

Quote from: spitllama on July 09, 2013, 08:19:11 PMAnyone have time to check Darknut?
I tried doing it on the beach of Italy with an out of pitch recorder, and I believe you are right.
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

TheZeldaPianist275

I agree with Slow and Jompa, that's 3/4.  And E minor.

And Spit, the song is so bizarre and chromatic I'd barely even say minor, but its root is D.

Jompa

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 15, 2013, 02:42:24 PMAnd Spit, the song is so bizarre and chromatic I'd barely even say minor, but its root is D.
That's not really true.. :/ it is D minor
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

Actually, listening to it again it's D minor XD sorry

InsigTurtle

Can anyone tell me what the key signature of this is? It's giving me an unusual amount of trouble...

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Yugi

FierceDeity

Starts off in A minor, 12/8 (or 6/8 I guess, if you really want)

EDIT: there are a lot of time signature changes in here, so I'll provide an outline.
Double time at 20 seconds in.
Switches to 6/4 at 38 seconds
Switches back to 12/8 at 1:13
Switches to a fast 3/4 at 1:30
Switches to 12/8 at 1:43
Switches to 4/4 at 2:25
Switches to 12/8 at 2:38

There's probably a short transition or two that I left out, but that's the jist of it.
I'm too lazy to look at key modulations, though :P