News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Brassman's Ensemble Arrangements

Started by Brassman388, March 24, 2013, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Lon Lon Ranch for Small Wind Ensemble - Mus

This one is kind of a more personal arrangement. As you'll see, it's an actual arrangement of the Ocarina of Time classic. I mad this one because it was a commission from my little sister. Her and a couple of friends wanted to play it so, I made it for them.

I would like some decent feedback on it, whether it be constructive or destructive, it doesn't matter. I need something.

Hope you folks enjoy.

Brassman388

Corridor of Time for Ensemble - Mus

I'm probably just gonna dump all my Vgv stuff here. Of course, they probably won't be the same from the Vgv versions.

TheZeldaPianist275

I just got around to posting feedback.  Sorry.  :(

The Lon Lon Ranch arrangement is quite good, exactly what I would expect from you.  You took the harmonies much further than in the original, so kudos.  They really come out as the second half of the song rolls in.  I would probably not have done the same with the conflicting-ish rhythms, but it does some interesting things to the song.  What I'm referring to is the clarinet playing straight eighth notes and the euphonium swinging it all over the place.  A strong choice, if not the one I would have picked.

I love the intro.  ;)

Overall very good job, as always!  Are/were you a music major?  Do you have any careers involving it?

Brassman388

Ah, thank you for the kind words!

The whole thing behind the swing eighths I think is because it was the original rhythm in the Lon Lon. I wanted to keep a the original feeling and keeping it in the lower parts helped me achieve that. It's just enough to where you can hear it, but it doesn't conflict with the harmonies or distract from anything that the higher voices are doing.

I may do another version of it. Dunno yet.

I'm currently a music major, yeah. Right now, I'm working with the director at my previous high school as a copyist and arranger and working next marching season as the official brass tech.

TheZeldaPianist275

I was actually referring to the swing eighths on top of the normal eighths. The swing itself sounds great. Good job again!

And this could just be my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with the term official brass tech. Could you enlighten me?

Brassman388

Like, choosing to have normal eighths along with the swing eighths together? It's just something that I thought would work. Experimenting and whatnot.

I'm glad it turned out okay, thanks.

Meaning I'll be working with the brass section primarily. Teaching and addressing things such as: intonation, attacks, dynamics, control, breathing techniques, and the more finer points of their tools. I like to think it's official, but I don't think I'll be getting paid for it. I'm just the one who got offered the task of working with the brass.

Thus the name, Brass Tech.

Brassman388

Also, this.

Rocky Maridia for Woodwinds - Mus

It's kinda quiet. I had to have it like that because if you turn up the volume in the mixer, the flute's sound start to clip when they hit some of those chords.

Enjoy as always.

Olimar12345

Nice arrangement! I love this piece, and play it often when I get tired of the Arben's book xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!