News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Anime Openings, Songs, and Endings

Started by popo447, March 13, 2013, 05:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onionleaf

Thought I'd also add some more Kalafina/Yuki Kajiura openings and endings to the list (I love their voices and the composer's music):

Spoiler
"Lacrimosa" - Black Butler Ending:

"Stone Cold" - Sacred Seven Opening:

"Parallel Hearts" - Pandora Hearts Opening:
[close]

Also a bit off-topic, does anyone listen to LeeAndLie English covers? Here's an example

Maelstrom

Never realized Yuki Kajiura was the one who created and wrote songs for Kalafina. Man, those songs are great. I can't say it will make me want to watch those shows, though.

As for LeeAndLie, well, that channel usually emphasises that the lyrics aren't anything special when you can understand them. That said, the one you linked to was particularly good. And it's really sad when their version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone was better than Nintendo's singer and Nintendo's translation.

MasterProX

I see Kalafina's name invoked and yet no mention of Fate/Zero's second opening, how saddening... also, for some reason, I can't find the 91 Days opening — or even just the song itself — anywhere on YouTube or NND, but it's... really good.

Onionleaf

Ah, I haven't watch Fate/Zero before (is that a bad thing?) but do know that song. Trust me, I would bring up all the Kalafina songs if you only give me a reason to do so. ;)

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 08, 2016, 08:44:41 AMAs for LeeAndLie, well, that channel usually emphasises that the lyrics aren't anything special when you can understand them. That said, the one you linked to was particularly good. And it's really sad when their version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone was better than Nintendo's singer and Nintendo's translation.

I always find the Japanese lyrics more meaningful, but it's most likely to do with the fact that they are the original version - it's not all that easy to translate songs and poems, especially when the languages are so different like Japanese and English.
And ikr? Nintendo's version of that song is rather pale compared to the cover, unfortunately. :/

Maelstrom

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 15, 2016, 01:25:33 AMAh, I haven't watch Fate/Zero before (is that a bad thing?) but do know that song.
You really should fix that.

Onionleaf

Dude

Claris never fails to make a catchy song 👌👌👌👌👌👌

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dude on April 22, 2017, 07:37:31 PM

Claris never fails to make a catchy song 👌👌👌👌👌👌
oH NO NOT THAT SHOW

Maelstrom

This song is way too cheery for the anime it's for:

Favorite ending ever:

edit: woops double post. Oh well.

Maelstrom

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

popo447

Its not an opening or ending, but the soundtrack from Gundam Thunderbolt is definitely top quality. Thunderbolt is probably the best anime I've seen in recent years, and I would totally recommend giving it watch if not only for its gorgeous integration of free jazz into its storytelling.

Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

Dudeman

That moment when a guy who hasn't been active in almost 5 years posts nonchalantly
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book