News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Anime Openings, Songs, and Endings

Started by popo447, March 13, 2013, 05:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

^It gets so addictive after a couple of episodes. I usually listen to it twice per episode.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

It's probably my second favorite, after AoT Op 1.
The autotune just contrasts with the screaming so well.

Yug_Guy

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

WOW I am at ep4/13 this is a really eerie animu.. highly excellent however

me irl
[close]

Jompa

I started watching it 4 years ago or so, but I quit, even though it was good.
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

You really should finish it, the whole thing was quite good.  I sat there thinking about things and reading strange wiki articles until 5am but ahhh

me irl
[close]

Jompa

Some genius mixed together the first and second openings of NHK, and it's so incredibly chill
Birdo for Smash

TheInsidiousSpurt

Maelstrom

It's sped up a little, but it's the only version I could find of the 3rd iteration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWILONFToEU

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Onionleaf

Not quite sure if I quite like the song, but I thought the art style for the Noragami openings was pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdq99JUUUHQ

This song is so peaceful, I didn't skip it even once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN8Rlp3Oi94

This brings back happy memories: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iECq9dOj1OA

Maelstrom

Nebbles

It's such a strangely catching opening. Haven't skipped it once.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Long post here titled: I really should be doing my homework.
ANYWAY, in no particular order
(note: All openings are the first one, unless noted otherwise)
Oh, and I added notes to say what I thought about each one.
Openings:
Code Geass
What can I say? It's catchy, and the visuals work well with the music. Also represents the anime pretty well.
[close]
Code Geass OP 3
The only OP I like nearly as much, if not more than the first one. Idk, but 2nd (and 3rd, 4th, 5th) ops never tend to be as good as the first one. Imo, it spends too much time on the character art rather than the actual anime, but I love this song so much
[close]
Mirai Nikki
While it's on here, and I like it a bit, I have come to like others better. That said, it's still excelent, even if the "SU-VI-VAL GAME" feels really out of place.
[close]
Attack on Titan
Do I need to say more? It's the AoT opening. It's great, unlike the show.
[close]
Spoiler
Again, do I need to say anything? It's ****ing ONE PUNCH MAN
[close]
Parasyte: The Maxim (IF YOU WATCH ONE, WATCH THIS ONE)
This probably isn't that high on most people's list, but it does everything right. The music fits the show perfectly, the visuals are superb, and I'm so glad there wasn't a 2nd op to replace this one in the 25 ep run.
[close]
Fate/Zero
See Parasyte. The song isn't quite as perfect for the anime, but it's still excellent.
[close]
Gurren Lagann OP 3
Sorry, the only one I could find was pitched up/sped up 5% to avoid copyrights. Anyway, all 3 Gurren Lagann OPs have the same song, but, IMO, the visuals in this one are the best. And the 2nd half of the show is so good.
EVERYTHING TURNS INTO A MECH
[close]

Endings:
Mirai Nikki
I honestly don't usually end up liking endings that much. This one was pretty good, but maybe I liked it because I have found so few I liked
[close]
Puella Magia Madoka Magica (MODERATE SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST 3RD OF THE SHOW)
The tone shift is real. That's what made me love it so much. And it's great song. While the visuals are simplistic, it goes perfectly with the song, kind of like saying that the main character will keep going, on and on, after all the crappy stuff that happens. Like people dying. I just love this song.
[close]

Top 3 I just randomly chose
1. Fate/Zero
2. Parasyte
3. Gurren Lagann
[close]