It's not exactly bumping, no
I really didn't like After Story's OP, I believe it deserves better! It's kinda weird, has some weird time signature changes and stuff - and I'm usually really into those (like in the Little Busters OP for instance), but in this case it like changes into some weird 5/8 stuff - in my opinion it's kinda creepy :S
But the opening for Clannad, "Megumeru" is totally amazing, I can't even hum to it without crying
I'll post my favorite anime OPs now:
- the second opening of Uuchu Kyoudai, performed by Sukima Switch (who also did the ED from the Zoroark pokémon movie, and also the thrid OP of FMA: Brotherhood).
It's one of the cool ones, in my book. I can recall winding back the video several times, just to listen to the OP again.
I am in love with this song, and it is my no#1 favorite!
2. "Little Busters!"
- the OP from Little Busters, performed by Rita. I have never watched an episode of Little Busters where I have skipped the OP.
I am well in progress of making a full score
arrangement for WarioMan98's sheet music site, but I don't have much free-time so it wont be ready for ages.
3. "Ai wo Torimodose"
- The OP from Hokuto no Ken, performed by Crystal King. Translates to "So Bring Back our Love".
Of course this one is one of my favorites, I mean IT'S AWESOME!!
4. "Bouken Desho Desho?"
- the OP from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, performed by Aya Hirano herself. C'mon we all love this song, don't we?
Never skipped an opening of this show, ever.
- the OP from Cowboy Bebop, performed by The Seatbelts, composed by Yoko Kanno. The show has some of the best jazz I have ever heard, seriously! In the big band at my school I am the saxophone soloist at this piece, arranged by me ofc. And we have performed it on various occasions.
6. "Last Regrets"
- the OP from Kanon 2006 (and Kanon 2002), performed by Ayana.
I think this is a very beautiful OP. One of Key's best. And even though it is moderately long and calm, I have never once skipped it.
I am very well in progress of making a full score
arrangement for WarioMan98's sheet music site, just like the Little Busters OP, but again, I don't have much free-time so it wont be ready for ages either.
- The OP from School Rumble. Really good OP for an amazing show.
8. "Indigo League" (Norwegian version)
- The OP from the first season of Pokémon, in Norwegian, performed by some legendary unknown man with an incredibly sexy voice. This is such a big part of my childhood!
In my opinion the Norwegian dub is the best, but that is only because it has had such an impact on me
9. "Dramatic Market Ride"
- The OP from Tamako Market, performed by Aya Suzaki. I think this song is incredibly cute, and energetic. Very well done.
They didn't hold anything back :3
10. "Katayoku no Tori"
- The OP from Umineko no Naku Koro ni, by Akiko Shikata. Translates to "One-Winged Bird".
An amazing song, ofc one of my favorites.
One wouldn't exactly expect such a good song from 07th Expansion, but they actually came along with an amazing OP!
11. "Motteke! Sailor Fuku!"
- The OP from Lucky Star, performed by Aya Hirano, Emiri Kato, Kaori Fukuhara, and Aya Endo.
It is pretty damn cool!
12. "Crossing Field"
- The first OP from Sword Art Online, performed by LiSA.
Even though I HATE
the anime itself, the OP is very very very good! Like, one of my favorites!!
Too bad it was used for such a terrible anime.. -.-
13. "Tori no Uta"
- The OP from Air, performed by Lia. Translates to "Bird's Poem".
An amazing song!!! Seriously!!
Too bad the anime didn't live up to the OP
'cause really, the anime wasn't that great..