Errors regarding the Main Site (Spelling, 404's, Track Titles, etc...)

Started by Winter, February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

My link to "Battle! Trainer" (Pokemon DP) is broken. It's linked to the "Crisis in Battle!" (Pokemon BW). It looks like the file was overwritten.

Fixed
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 11, 2013, 01:34:41 PMMy link to "Battle! Trainer" (Pokemon DP) is broken. It's linked to the "Crisis in Battle!" (Pokemon BW). It looks like the file was overwritten.

Fixd'.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Yugi

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Echo

Eh, I think the most proper translation would be "In a Pinch in Battle!"

The Japanese title is "戦闘でピンチ!" and 'ピンチ' is literally "Pinch" phonetically. Also, in-game, Abilities like Blaze and Overgrow use the term "in a Pinch" to describe low-health.

SlowPokemon

Yeah--in English it's usually translated as "Crisis" though, because the literal "pinch" isn't as common in English unless you live in the UK.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 11, 2013, 08:30:17 PMYeah--in English it's usually translated as "Crisis" though, because the literal "pinch" isn't as common in English unless you live in the UK.

I understand that it's more conventional to say "crisis," but the main point I was trying to get across was that "in a pinch" is the official term in the games' translations, such as for the descriptions of Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent Abilities, or for certain Berries that activate at low health, such as the Salac Berry.

Jerry_Appleby

Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but in the Donkey Kong 64 section, 2 PDF files don't work.

Fungi Forest: Daytime
Gloomy Galleon

Fixed
My Piano Videos: CLICK HERE!

BonusPwnage

Just something minor I noticed: The MID file for "Boss Battle" from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is a file of the song "Ballad of the Windfish" instead of boss battle. I found the same problem with "Let's-a-go" from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, as it has the MID file of "Friendship" from the same game. Also, none of the files for "Sliver Submarine" from Kirby: Canvas Curse work. The same goes for "Title Screen" from Ice Climber. It's nothing too important, but I was just wondering if that could be fixed. Thanks!

Darkwario1

I noticed that whenever i clicked on the Halo:Combat Evolved main theme to listen to the MIDI file or see the PDF, it didn't work. Just saying.

Deleted

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

I wish we could get the game names for the "orthodox" (quote on quote) Pokémon games to look the same.
Every time I see them all different and wacko it bugs me.
And I don't mean adding the fancy "é" to all of them.

Maybe have: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Version, Pokemon Black/White Version, Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow Version, etc.

Sorry if this seems small but it's been getting on my nerves for a while now and I don't see how it could be particularly difficult to fix.

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Even better, take out "version"; makes it clunky.

Pokemon Red and Blue
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold and Silver
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

And PLEASE have them separated from third versions. The only pieces that should be under Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, Platinum, etc., are those that FIRST appeared in those games.

I hate that they're put together, as an example, "Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum" when the majority of the pieces are from Diamond and Pearl. Platinum is NOT the same game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 04, 2013, 09:41:23 PMAnd PLEASE have them separated from third versions. The only pieces that should be under Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, Platinum, etc., are those that FIRST appeared in those games.

I hate that they're put together, as an example, "Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum" when the majority of the pieces are from Diamond and Pearl. Platinum is NOT the same game.
Good point.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 04, 2013, 09:41:23 PMEven better, take out "version"; makes it clunky.
I personally would like to see the "version" in. I think it looks much more professional. Much more.

My Arrangements