Old Stuff - Just Because I Don't Want To Delete The Posts ~Deku

Started by Sebastian, January 05, 2013, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

[N64] Paper Mario - "Walking on the Clouds" - mariolegofan [ZIP]

the link above is fixed...again

Deku: Wouldn't this make more sense in 3/4?

mariolegofan: Yes, i fixed it.

Deku: Aaaaand change the LH F#s to Gbs and make sure the accidentals for the Dbs and Bbs appear in every bar. Oh and put the dynamic in between the staves as opposed to underneath

mariolegofan: Fixed again

Deku: Ok

Umm, I might just clean up the layout a little Zip
----------------------

[N64] Paper Mario - "Whale Ride" - mariolegofan [ZIP]
Needs Second Approval - Approved by Winter

Winter:
1) Here's my edit: Mus

Deku, tell me if I missed anything. for measure 14 and 15, playback sounds awful but I think that's about as close as you can get in Finale :P

Dudeman

[GCN] Luigi's Mansion - "Dancing Shy Guy Ghosts"'

Olimar:
-LH Down beats shouldn't be staccato. also, at measure 3 the bass line changes from root-fifth-root-fifth, to root-fifth-third-fifth. It's just for that measure only.
-the figure in measure 7 is incorrect. All F#'s should be changed to G naturals.

Dudeman:
1) For down beats, do you mean beats 1 and 3 or just 1 (Just for clarification)? And I don't hear the bass change in the original piece.
2) I listened to the original again and I disagree. The interval is a major 4th (F# to B).

Olimar:
1)1, 2, 3, and 4. Down beats are specified by the upper number of the time signature. And beat 3 in measure 3 (LH) is definitely a B.
2)I disected it and it is not an F#. Its two triads moving in major seconds.

I found other nuances with this piece and made the appropriate adjustments. Here.

Dudeman: Hmm...I'm gonna have to hold this argument with you, Olimar. The first chord of that set of chords in measure 7 is definitely not a G Major chord. It sounds more like the bottom note is an F# (oh dear, here we go again).

Olimar: Yeah, lets get someone else's opinion.

Deku: This.

Dudeman: Hmm...that actually sounds correct. Way to go, Deku!

Olimar: I agree, that is much better. Accepted.

Deku: Link below updated.

[ZIP]

[N64] Paper Mario - "Jr. Troopa's Theme"

Olimar:
-In measures 4 and 6, add an A above the stave in the RH on beat one.

Dudeman:
Fixed. Is that what you mean?

Olimar:Yes. Are you using musescore? cus I don't remember your sheet looking so bad... the two files don't match and until they do (in a good way) it won't be accepted.

Dudeman: Darn .xml...I think it's just a measure sizing issue (that I can't fix). Is it possible to fix?

Olimar: Try clicking on the measure with the whole note selected.

Dudeman: Fixed.

Deku: Errr....this is fixed.

[ZIP]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bubbles

[Wii] PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - "Loading Screen" - Bubbles7689

Deku: It could do with a little filling out. Also, there's a lot more to this song. YouTube

Bubbles: Actually, its a little hard to find the song since I dont think anyone has an official soundtrack. That song is the same tune, but is actually for the main entrance park or something. This is the loading screen song

Deku: Ah ok. In that case add some staccatos to lighten it up :)

Bubbles: Ok :D

[NDS] Pokemon Black and White 2 - "Cave of Being" - Bubbles7689

Deku: Add in upper octaves on the 2nd 3rd & 4th notes of each group of 4.
You don't need the f> on every bar. Leave it in the first couple, then put 'simile' and hide the rest afterwards. It'll look alot cleaner.
Rhythm grouping issues in bars 8, 10, 12 etc
Needs bar numbers at the start of each line.
The left hand isn't just octaves, there are other notes in the original, mostly 5ths but not always

Bubbles: Whoops I had the fixed version but I guess I upoaded the wrong one. Ill fix it tomorrow

Bubbles: Ok I did the 5ths, even though Im not entirely sure what thye are :P I hope I got them right. Idk how to do rhythm groupings though :/ I only saved the MUS file because I know it still needs fixing

Deku: Link I fixed the 8vas and rhythm grouping. Maybe find some way to add in the timpani when it appears? Otherwise it's just the same thing and you could maybe cut it in half? I dunno, I've closed Finale :P

Bubbles: I tried messing with it but nothing sounds right :/ Is it ok as it is?
Bubbles: Ok I cut out the repeating half with the timpani since I couldnt find a way to get it in there

Deku: Ok, I'll page shrink it when I'm at a computer next.

Done - Link!

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Last Specter - "A Quiet Moment" - Bubbles7689

Winter: Max of 2 submissions please.
Bubbles The first arrangement is from the first update, and its already on the site. I wasnt sure if I should cross it off or just delete it completely.

[ZIP]

Winter: Well the first update was just a portion of this thread. It's not really a separate 'update'. I apologize for the confusion, but to be fair to other arrangers, we'll just be looking at Cave of Being this time around ^^

Bubbles: Ok :D I erased the second song from the link for you

DonValentino

[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - "Riding in the Ark" - WarioMan98 [ZIP]

Deku: I know you've removed notes to prevent overlapping, but the bits where the right hand drops down are a bit crazy.

Wario: Hmm... I see. What would you recommend? Should I remove the left hand?

Deku: Now that I'm at a computer...Man this song is complicated
The LH notes are off at the start
Maybe consider using the bassoon sounding part in the LH after bar 2? It sounds more promiment, but fix up the opening first before looking into this
As for the bit I mentioned before, worry about that after the LH has been fixed up.
Add in the bass notes in the bit at bar 31

Or do you want me to mess around with it?

Wario: If you want, you sure can! Tomorrow I'll probably have the afternoon free of school work and I don't have to go to music classes, so I may fix it then. But as I said, if you'd like and want to mess around with it, then go ahead. c:
Oh, and also, when exactly is the deadline? I don't want to miss again the chance to submit.

Deku: deadline is 2 weeks after I made the topic, on Sunday if it goes to plan  :P

Wario: Ok, there's still plenty of time. I started fixing everything, and when I did the opening correctly I noticed that the first key signature was wrong, and when I checked, all the others were incorrect too. It was C Maj and then Gb Maj!! I didn't figure out the third key signature change yet, because I have school work (and I thought I wouldn't...) to do now. Also, I did some other minor fixes to make it more accurate. So I don't know when I'll be able to finish it. Most likely this weekend, sorry! Maybe you could start taking a look at some other submissions meanwhile. c:

Wario (again): OK, all done. Fixed everything I spotted. If you still see something wrong, let me know. :)

Deku: Fixed the opening chords, fixed the LH at 19, added LH chords in 27-31 (but playback is a bit weird in through the glisses), did things with 31-32, moved/changed the key change to 34. I'll let you decide what to do with the last 2 bars but they're the same chords as the beginning. Link

Wario: I couldn't figure out that first damn chord! Thanks. :)
Wow, now it's a lot better. Just one question, in bars 29-30, why are those Es are double flat? I thought if it was Gb Maj, then all Fs should be altered when necessary, so I was wondering if those Ebbs shouldn't be Fbs?
And regarding the 2 last bars, I think it would be nice to put the chords from the beginning too.

Deku: Ummmm....Fb is a tone higher than Ebb?
I meant for you to work out how you're going to include those chords because you have the melody on top to consider.

Wario: Yeah, you're right, sorry.
Well, anything else that I should correct? :)

Deku: Hmmmmm I don't think so...

Wario: Waitin' for second approval then.

[NDS] Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - "Tingle's House" - WarioMan98 [ZIP]

Deku: Change the Abs to G#s, this is in A minor.
Overlapping hands are hurting this a bit. I usually don't mind too much, but this would be pretty awkward.

Wario:
Quote from: insaneintherain on February 21, 2012, 01:41:26 PMI would say that's it's just A minor. No sharps, no flats. It's sort of chromatically based, which fits Tingle's style. Your current key signature is good. The bass stays in Am, even though the right hand is just all over the place.
I thought this meant everything was alright, including accidentals. My bad! Well tbh by that time I hadn't studied a lot about key signatures either. Meh, nevermind.

How about parenthesis for the double notes of the left hand? I actually learned this one, and the overlapping is not a problem, mainly thanks to the staccatos. But yeah, I should put parenthesis.
And one thing I've just noticed, should I put flats instead of sharps on measure 11? I'm not sure.

Wario (again): All done. I put flats at bar 11. The link is not updated yet, I'll upload both this one and "Riding in the Ark" most likely this weekend.

Deku: I dunno, I would've left them as sharps, but it doesn't really matter.

Wario: Changed them to sharps again and updated the link. :)

Deku: I'd like to get Olimar's thoughts but he's busy for this update

Wario: Ok, no problem. Second approval?

SlowPokemon

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - "Folsense" - Jordan Knapp [ZIP]
Approved

Deku: I haven't looked at the notes yet, but it would make alot more sense if the tempo and note values were halved; at the moment it has the appearnce of a fast song which it isn't. I'm not sure which version you're using, but full Finale can do this pretty quickly with Utilites->Change->Note Durations

Slow: Can you please use the one I submitted? I have been trying to reformat this for a half hour now, and the tool keeps messing the piece up. There is no difference except in appearance, and it is no easier to understand or play either way.

Deku: Oh, whoops, sorry for wasting your time... This. Also went through and fixed some of the chords.

[NDS] Professor Layton's London Life - "Title" - Jordan Knapp [ZIP]
Needs Second Approval - Approved by Winter

Winter: I approve of it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ALPRAS

Well, let's try it again...

[XBOX360] Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - "Logbox Lunacy" - ALPRAS [ZIP]

Deku: Those Cs are overlapping in bar 11. Maybe notate it so the RH plays the upper part of bar 9 & 10 leading into it? Good job btw

Fixed it! And thanks :)

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Bowser's Galaxy Reactor" - ALPRAS [ZIP]

CLBGM

I'm not near my house, so I can't zip my stuff, but they are dropbox'd at least :/.

[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - Victory Agaisnt Wild Pokémon! (Piano Duo) - CLBGM [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI]

Deku: Does this really need to be a duet? Where's the solo version? Also if you really really want to do a duet, make it for one piano, it already fits as is anyway.
And don't use the octave clefs, they're not really a piano thing. Use 8va/vb lines.

CLBGM: It's not a duet, it's a piano duo. And I'm wondering, where is your "official soundtrack name" rule?: I think it's not here. That looks like a solo version.

Deku: Sorry, I used the wrong term. This can be duet with very minimal modifications of the parts. Duets only need one piano, hence are more likely to be played and therefore we prefer them if possible, as is the case with this one.

[GBA] Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Recovery" (Piano Solo) - CLBGM [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI]

Deku: Same thing about the clef in the RH.

CLBGM: I have not Finale here, can anyone help me with the clef issue? Thanks in advance!

Deku: Fixed.

JValjean

Safari Zone Gate
From Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

I noticed no one has uploaded this yet (which is understandable as it has some very strange rhythmic things going on). So here it is!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57963645/Safari%20Zone%20Gate.zip

*I'm not very good with finale, so the .mus file may need some touching up. Thanks!
**I also just realized I missed a tied note between measures 9 and 10. It's in the top two parts, you can't miss it.

Deku: Are you still around?

Sebastian

Im Here

Goomba Village Replacment from Paper Mario

Deku: Fix the copyright and get rid of the "Score" from the top left.
The LH could do with articulations at the start (the quavers are short).
The minim in bar 3 is supposed to be tied to the next semiquaver.
Bar 5, articulations missing from RH.
If you could find a way of combing the chords with the melody in bar 11 onwards it would make much more sense.

mariolegofan: I got rid of the score thing, I fixed the articulations at the start, Fixed bar 5 and bar 3. What is wrong with the copyright?? And what do you mean by combing the chords with the melody in bar 11 onwards??
If you want to do the changes yourself, I don't mind :)

Deku: Oops I meant combining :P

mariolegofan  Ok. Olimar12345 helped me with it. Everything you suggested is fixed. Do you think you could approve it now?

Deku: Looks good. Just change the two quarter note rests in bar 4 to a half note rest and I'll approve it.

mariolegofan Here it is: [ZIP]

Deku:
Haha ok, last little thing. You wrote "Composition by" and "Arranged by" which doesn't really makes much sense, so pick either both "Composition" and "Arrangement" or "Composed" and "Arranged"

mariolegofan:  Fixed. Here it is: [ZIP]
and Thank You :)

Deku: Accepted.

Olimar12345: Uploaded.

Wifi Waiting Room from Mario Kart Wii
[MIDI]
[MUS]
[PDF]

Deku: The bass line is wrong and it sounds really empty

mariolegofan: Not sure what to change or add and what is wrong with the bass line? any ideas? :)

mariolegofan: Is this better? [ZIP]

Deku:
-Chords sound cool. Bass line is better, but the note you have as a grace note is actually on the beat. I'd re-write that as 16th-dotted 8th.
-Get rid of the bit that says "Score" in the top left corner.
-Composer would look neater on two lines and don't forget a space after the "&"
-Rhythm grouping needs fixing from bar 19 onwards in the RH. It could also do with some staccatos.

mariolegofan: Ok? [ZIP]

Deku: Just for the sake of getting this update out quickly. Link
-Shrunk it to one page
-Fixed the bits of the bass line you missed.
-Got rid of the tied note in the blippy bit at the end. It's a bit weird to have ties an a stacato section like that.
-Fixed bar 17-18. That was kinda hard, took a bit of listening.
-Put in some clef changes at the start for readability
-Fixed the 8va line so it's all one line, not two
-Moved the composer info onto two lines for prettiness

If you think it's ok, I'll accept it. Otherwise let me know if you don't like something  ;)

mariolegofan: Great! I totally agree with all your changes. You can accept it :)

Deku: Accepted.

Arranger is mariolegofan

spitllama

[WII/GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – "Darknut" – spitllama [ZIP] (solo) [ZIP] (two pianos)

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 – "Clock Time Attack" – spitllama [ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Dialga's Fight to the Finish!" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Temporal Tower" - Bespinben Zip (replacement)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

(Arranger is Bubbles7689)

[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Pelipper's Island" - MUS MIDI PDF

[GB] Link's Awakening - "Level 8: Turtle Rock" - MUS MIDI PDF

FierceDeity

[PS1] Legend of Mana

Cliff Town Gato
PDF     MIDI     .mus file     Youtube Link (for reference)

Places of Soul (Home Theme)
PDF     MIDI     .mus file     Youtube link (for reference)

Bloop

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 26, 2013, 03:58:32 PM"I'm here" or something like that

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Baron Reinhold
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]

Olimar12345:
-When you add the accordion accompaniment at measure 9,  remember that it is just an accompaniment. If you had to choose between it and the melody, the logical thing to leave out is the accordion. :P
-Measure 10 layer 1 should be half note, quarter rest, eighth note triplet. Delete the extra eighth note and rest.
-Measure 10 layer 2  beat four should be the two eighth notes, G and Ab. The triplet is only in the accordion's part.
-Measure 11 layer 2 should be a quarter note G on beat three tied to the dotted eighth note G on beat four.
-I could keep going, but there is literally a mistake in each layer of each measure during this section. Listen carefully to the original and try again.
-You need to add clarity to the melodic line in the third section (17).

Olimar12345: As for Baron Reinhold, that last time through the tune the keyboard percussion has the melody, not the accordion. Hang on, I'll show you...here. Actually, I think specifying the root of the chord in the bass helped the most (well, that and having the correct notes ;) )

Bloop: Are you sure the keyboard percussion isn't just playing the top notes of every chord of the accordeon (or vice versa)? I'm 99% sure it's playing A-F in measure 19 and a
B on the first beat of 21.

Olimar12345: Lol, we're both right: It IS playing the highest notes in the chords, and that IS the melody. :P Also, in both of those instances those were chord tones, but D was the highest pitch.

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Crumm's Café
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]

Olimar12345:
-Last two sixteenth notes in measure 2 (RH) should be D and Bb. (this also applies in measure 6)
-Beat four, LH of Measure 8 should have the two eighth notes C and D, leading to the key change.
-Key change at measure 9 needs to be Eb major.
-The F on the up beat of 2 and 4 of measure 6 (LH) needs to be a D)
-Layer two, measure 11(and again in 15) LH last eighth note goes back down to C, not Ab.
-Layer two, measure 16, move the first note down to G, and again on beat 3. The last three eighth notes after that should be C-B-G.
Layer one, measure 16, make that third eighth note a D rather than a C.
-RH measure 10 (and again at 14), that 10th sixteenth note should be a Db.
-Just a suggestion, but I'd add a courtesy accidental on the Eb in measure 12 RH.

Bloop: Everything should be fixed. What exactly do you mean with adding clarity to the melodic line in Baron Reinhold? It should be pretty clear.

EDIT: Oh wait nope nope not fixed wait ;__;
EDIT 2: Now it is. whoops ._.

Olimar12345: For clarity's sake, lets keep our comments under the arrangement they apply to. :)

Bloop: Sawry D:

Olimar12345: As for Crumm's Café, use the staff tool to separate the two staves so that the phrase markings and crescendos don't collide as they often do at times.

Bloop: Fixed :D

Olimar12345: Accepted.

Olimar12345

ATTENTION ARRANGERS

I'll be going through these submissions soon. In order to speed up this process, edit your post saying "I'm here" or something like that to indicate your activity. I'll be going through the active posters' subs first.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!