News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

The Confession Thread

Started by Saria, February 25, 2013, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

That was a hard and fast rule a long, long time ago. Now the Church just wants two people to be married before conceiving children, I've haven't read any current doctrines that out right states "A Married couple must have Children."
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Saria

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on February 25, 2013, 03:35:50 PMI'm about a foot smaller than everyone
   I'm at least 2 stone lighter than everyone
   I'm quiet
I am too, TBWCW! =O You're not alone. I'm really tiny for my age! :<
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Bubbles

Quote from: spitllama on February 25, 2013, 04:56:28 PMSo idk everyone probably already knows this but apparently Catholics are required by the church to have kids? Like even if both husband and wife don't want to have children, they have to have at least one (unless they have reasons like infertility or financial situations).

Can someone confirm/refute this?

Thats definitely not true (at least anymore). That would just lead to alot of unwanted babies, and besides, the Church doesnt have that kind of power. What are they going to do, ridicule you and "not let you into heaven" because you couldn't finace a child?

blueflower999

That can't be true because Priests can't marry...?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

EFitTrainr

I like food.

MaestroUGC

Priests and other members of Holy Orders take on vows of celibacy when  they take on the Orders, among other things.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

So we now have a confession thread....
Well, I've got nothing. I'm perfect. I have no confessions to make. What up? :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on February 25, 2013, 07:17:41 PMThats definitely not true (at least anymore). That would just lead to alot of unwanted babies, and besides, the Church doesnt have that kind of power. What are they going to do, ridicule you and "not let you into heaven" because you couldn't finace a child?
But sometimes, they think they do have that power. :P It's not the religion that is corrupt: it's the "higher-ups," but then again:
1: Most things are like that.
2: I'm going way off topic.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 25, 2013, 08:11:51 PMSo we now have a confession thread....
Well, I've got nothing. I'm perfect. I have no confessions to make. What up? :P
Yaay. The only thing I had to "confess" was something that I think I've already stated before.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: spitllama on February 25, 2013, 04:56:28 PMSo idk everyone probably already knows this but apparently Catholics are required by the church to have kids? Like even if both husband and wife don't want to have children, they have to have at least one (unless they have reasons like infertility or financial situations).

Can someone confirm/refute this?

Nah, not really. It's part of the perfect Catholic life or relationship or guide or whatever but it's what the church wishes upon all catholics but really, it's no big deal.

ETFROXX

I'm going to be the non-conformist here.

I really want to get married and have kids. Like, seriously. If there's one thing I want in life, it's to be a mother.

EDIT: If any of you say anything about my bisexuality I will slap you so hard. I REALIZE THIS COULD POSSIBLY CREATE ISSUES MAYBE.

FSM-Reapr

Going to get a ton of hate mail for this buuuuuut

I really, really don't want kids in any point of my life. I just don't, okay?!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on February 26, 2013, 01:01:06 AMGoing to get a ton of hate mail for this buuuuuut

I really, really don't want kids in any point of my life. I just don't, okay?!
It seems as if more people are thinking that way (lavishness, irresponsibility, and fears of overpopulation, perhaps??).

I'm not reprimanding you specifically, just pointing out a (rather scary for the far future generations, actually) "trend."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

Clanker37

Isn't the trend of world population supposed to flip by 2050 or something? Like have more people dying than being born? If so, then the fact that so many people don't want babies could be a sign of the worlds De-population D:

I think I just made that up from a dream, though...

ETFROXX

Yeah, FSM. You're going with the trend, so I don't see why YOU would get hate mail.. O.o