Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

LeviR.star

Dudeman and Wah are right, BwaF.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dude

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Dude on August 29, 2017, 04:51:15 AMgood, because you couldn't pay me enough to marry you
Would you like a side of fries with that roast, BWaF?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

SlowPokemon

Friend, society benefits men way more than women. It's a subconscious, subtle difference in treatment a lot of the time, but it's a man's world.

On that note, I've decided I'm never getting married because I like living alone way too much. And I've never met someone who I really wanted to be in a relationship with.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

SlowPokemon let me give you a list of examples where society does not benefit men.
Men are not allowed into the majority of domestic violence shelters despite the fact the men make up 43 percent of domestic violence victims
93 percent of workplace fatalities are men
4 of 5 suicides are men
Only 38 percent of college students are men
Men are sentenced to 63 percent more prison time after being convicted of the same crime as a woman
By law many states have to use the Duluth model in domestic assualt proceedings which automatically presumes the man is at fault and if he doesn't confess he is in a state of denial
A woman who gets pregnant from raping a man can sue him for child support (even if he is underage)
A woman who gets pregnant from stolen sperm can sue the man she stole it from for child support
A woman who gets sperm from a sperm donor can sue the sperm donor for child support
There are more safety nets to prevent female homelessness but male homelessness is ignored despite the fact that the majority of the homeless are male
Male victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or rape are not taken seriously at all and are laughed at by the majority
A false allegation of tape is enough to ruin a man's life and cost him his friends family job home position on college campus and so on
Men are required to sign up for selective service which basically states that the government can send them off to be killed whenever they feel like it. If a man does not register he loses the right to vote drive take out loans and access to many different types of jobs
Male genital mutilation is legal while female genital mutilation has been banned
A woman can get an abortion in complete disregard for the wishes of the father. A man who does not want a child is forced into child support. Basically women have the ability to iopt out of parenthood while men do not.
Oh and 95 percent of us military war deaths are male
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

LeviR.star

If I were you, BwaF, I wouldn't focus on statistics here.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Trainer Ave

Oh sorry I had a brain fart that was meant for slow.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Personally I like to think the suicide statistic is because women are a LOT less likely to use a high-lethality option like a gun.  Women attempt suicide a lot more, but end up frequently unsuccessful (which in some cases ends up being worse than dead)

I'm also of the mind that men and women are slightly enough different to be treated differently in certain cases.  I know you bring up child rearing as a big part of the injustices done to men but like
My mom works for dcfs and she's not very good at privacy so I overhear a lot about cases
80% of it is single minority women who do nothing but smoke (weed, heroin, whatever).  They have the kids because the guy ran off and they can't handle the responsibility.  So they go to foster care.

As far as the military, I can't logically think of any reason to exclude women from the service, but it just feels wrong to me, somehow
I heard an argument (on the league of legends forums, so don't sue me) that men would ignore the logical play to protect a woman if they were playing league together.  Obviously not 100% true, but I don't know if that has any bearing at all or not

In theory, false rape accusations can be terrible yeah but they're really, really infrequent.  Like there are 20x more cases of unreported rape than false allegations or something like that.

Yeah, you've got all these statistics, but they don't mean much, especially if you like viewing society as an extension of male+female+children family unit where each has their own responsibilities (lots of people don't lol)

For example, if more women joined the workforce that work related injury would end up being less skewed (though women are probably less likely to be injured anyway)

I guess what I mean is that policies should match society, so if society suggests women are naturally better caregivers than men, judges should be more inclined to pass custody to the woman even if it's not always the best decision

People tend to stereotype sex more often than I think is true, but sexism as far as policy, education, and work I think is more or less nonexistent

Also, I really don't know what I'm talking about but I like to pretend I do, so humor me
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

You bring up some very good points.I could debate with you on some of them but overall I agree with what you have said

I feel like this conversation is derailing the point of this thread so I'll agree to disagree.

Afterthought edit: I think dogs and roosters are the most annoying creatures on the planet
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

LeviR.star

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on August 29, 2017, 11:56:54 AMAfterthought edit: I think dogs and roosters are the most annoying creatures on the planet

This is The Confession Thread, not Unpopular Opinions.

Then again, my mom has 2 really annoying Bichon Frise crosses, so I can see why you may think that.

ZeldaFan

BoywithoutaFairy
I'm not going to debate about who has it worse in society, I think both men and women have difficulties in different ways and prejudices affect everyone

But I do want to ask, how old are you??

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

BlackDragonSlayer

Some people at my university apparently think I'm smarter than I am. What they don't know is that I hold myself to unrealistic standards, allowing me to accomplish things no sane, reasonable person of my capabilities should be able to.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Trainer Ave

@ZF I am 20. Also I'm not saying that men have it worse. I am simply trying to get people to acknowledge that men have issues in this society as well. I personally believe it's an evenly mixed bag with both men and women being equally victims and perpetrators.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server