News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Ace Attorney

Started by GaryOak, February 18, 2013, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney arrives on iOS devices today in glorious HD! Check it out if you've yet to experience it or feel like revisiting. Android users can download the game starting next Thursday, December 8.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

EFitTrainr

I don't get why the app itself is 99 cents when you have to buy all the cases seperately anyway
I like food.

SlowPokemon

Idk it's $.99 for the first half of case 1 and then the rest of the game is $14.99 if you buy it as a set

EFitTrainr

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 01, 2016, 04:57:01 PMIdk it's $.99 for the first half of case 1 and then the rest of the game is $14.99 if you buy it as a set

I feel like that's kind of a shitty business thing to do. I think they should do exactly what they do with the other Ace Attorney games on mobile and have the initial download be free with $15 for the rest of the game.
I like food.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: shadowkirby on December 01, 2016, 07:29:54 PMI feel like that's kind of a shitty business thing to do. I think they should do exactly what they do with the other Ace Attorney games on mobile and have the initial download be free with $15 for the rest of the game.

To be fair, Apollo Justice only has four episodes, and the first episode is about as long as the first two of the trilogy together, so that would be giving away a pretty significant amount of content for free. But I understand why you feel that way and I hope it doesn't turn people off.

Also, I've played through the first half of episode 1 and decided that the game looked and played nicely enough to warrant purchasing the rest of it. It's so shiny. It's honestly a much better looking upscale than the iOS version of the trilogy, and also doesn't have the weird frame rate/lag issue that was occasionally a problem in that port. Definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't played Apollo Justice in a while and want to play it without the weird mixing of new and old sprites (I was always so distracted by how good the new sprites looked in comparison to others like the Judge or some of the sprites in episode 4). I personally haven't played Apollo Justice all the way through in about three years, so it's probably the Ace Attorney I'm most rusty on. Here's hoping I have a fun time!

EFitTrainr

I do plan on getting it either way. Apollo is my favorite playable attorney, after all.
I like food.

TheDreamingHawk

Finished Justice For all two weeks ago during my odd depression phase (had to use a guide for the final day due to a spoiler reason that confused me at first) and was really surprised how much the plot ramped up near the end, considering how the earlier chapters were just "ordinary crime stories" to me. Now onto the third game and hoping to not take a year to beat this one. I also bought AA5 on sale in preparation for when I beat AA3.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

SlowPokemon

^if you have a smart phone, an HD remake of AA4 is currently available and I'd recommend playing it before jumping into 5 as there's a big time skip between 3 and 4 (4, 5, 6 kinda make up their own trilogy)

Onionleaf

I saw this a few days ago and thought it was amazing! A combination of Ace Attorney drama & humour + musical + cosplay = success. :)

SlowPokemon

Apollo Justice is being released on 3DS eShop this November! It's the updated iOS graphics which quite frankly look amazing.

I'm going to get the game again, so that I have the entire series downloaded to my 3DS.

Altissimo

K-NiGhT

Did anyone else see that special edition that Capcom is releasing that's like 1300 dollars? The only reason it costs so much is because of the tiny solid gold plate you get. Without that plate, it's 145 dollars. That much gold is literally only like 240 dollars. They're charging 4 times the price for it tho.

The bundle without the gold plate comes with Ace Attorney 1-6 Collection games, a collection of exclusive art, a soundtrack CD, and "an autographed image of Phoenix Wright himself."
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

I changed my Tumblr URL for  the first time since I got Tumblr.

The reason this is here is because my new URL is apollo-injustice

triforced1

I just recently finished the trilogy and holy shit

I need more

MOOOOOOORE

SlowPokemon

HA

Apollo Justice, basically AA4, is coming to the eShop this fall with nice new graphics, or you can play the iOS version if you like