News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Ace Attorney

Started by GaryOak, February 18, 2013, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryOak

This needs a proper topic. No spoilers thx. I think the first three games are the best and they go like 1<2<3. The first AA was like a introduction and things get real in the sequels. Justice For All could be my least favourite but it had such good third and final cases that maybe it's a bit better than the first one. Trials and Tribulations is ofc the best and one of the best games ever. The coolness of Godot is not even measurable.

Apollo Justice wasn't bad either, I especially liked that new perceive system. And it has some awesome music. Then there's still Investigations:Miles Edgeworth, I've mainly heard only love/hate comments about it but it was okay. Worst of these five but still very enjoyable.

So, what do you think of the series? I'm also looking forward to Ace Attorney 5, hope it'll come out in the near future.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

SlowPokemon

I loved the first game, can't find any of the others but am looking!

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney will obvsly be my favorite though.

Also on another note, today I bought Ghost Trick also by Capcom, and it's pretty cool so far.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Miles Edgeworth was different, but it was fun. Not as fun as the main games though. My favorite definitely was AA3, and I think they go 3>1>2>4. I just didn't like Apollo Justice as much as the other games.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

GaryOak

Boxart for Ace Attorney 5

http://www.japanator.com/ace-attorney-5-s-boxart-fills-me-with-happy-feelings-28507.phtml

I'm glad that Apollo's there and the new prosecutor also looks kinda badass.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Yugi

Started playing this. It makes me feel smart.

GaryOak

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

fank009

Ace attorney... I must say, this series HAS changed me (in a good way (hopefully)) the concept of thinking before placing judgement on things (and defending things passionately)

My personal favourite is the original AA. I feel that adding the 2nd and 3rd games mechanics
Spoiler
in particular... the profiles tab being selectable and needs to be presented at times...
[close]
were just a tad too much.. I played them in this order, PWAA, AJAA, JFA, T&T, AAI
Spoiler
I admit, that i used a walkthrough Heavily in certain parts of AJ, JFA, T&T and AAI
Spoiler
During the last case for a majority... but during JFA and T&T, a few times when i got stuck in needing to do a certain action
[close]
[close]

My preference of games goes as follows
PWAA, T&T, AAI, AJAA, JFA (for the aforementioned parts)

Now, AA5... That boxart... having a look at previous boxarts, Something that is a common theme.. you have, Main Character, "primary" assitant, Main antagonist, And the main point of the story (with PWAA being the exception), So i will (cause i can "safely") put money on Apollo being the "centre" of the story...

I have two griefs with this game...
1, Phoenix looks... different (i know age is a factor... but in AJ, you can see a resemblance, and AA5 sprite looks NOTHING like AJ sprite (regardless of different things... *goes to have a look at Original sprite vs new*)
Ok, there is some resemblance...
There is a HUGE difference between GBA and 3ds, And i must say, Older is better, He's good in PLvsAA, But it doesnt convert in AA5, Its just a few small details... I think he's too "bright" The pallete is being bright in the sense, but eh, its only a character draw, graphics dont determine a games quality (but they can chase people away :P)

the 2nd thing...
Spoiler
Im going to have to put in a spoiler...
Spoiler
So... Heres the problem they have created, They have dumped the "original" cast with no backstory whatsoever... We need at least one "intro case", Prolly not a backstory case (AAI and T&T cough, unless we get something between T&T- Graeymere or anything inbetween involving the "old cast" (knowing my luck, it will be apollos trial "6 months ago" xD)) so 3 cases to work with... Im going to say at least 1 for apollo (with maybe mentions in previous chapters...) and leaving two chapters to bring in the old cast...  (although AJ tied in All four so beautifully...)

[close]
[close]

Expectations for this game:
Spoiler
Trucy makes an appearance/mention (outside of the locket)
Ema has a "good" relation ship with wright, similar of how Gumshoe would help out wright in a crisis (exhibit last case of each game)
The prosecutor has a "von karma" attitude (considering a motif of this game is fixing the judicial system...)
And with the last note... Trials will be bench trials (or else why have the motif?)
[close]

The series has a combination of great story, great characters, good music, And i cant wait for AA5 to come out (in english, Along with AAI2, PLvsAA)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Roz~

Ugh I'm so very poor right now, but holy crap I need that sweet AA5 limited edition.

SlowPokemon

I really want to get Justice For All (which I understand is the second game?) but it's super expensive right now @_@ $40 is more than some 3DS games. Trials and Tribulations is cheaper, would I be okay skipping Justice For All or not really?

Roz~

In my opinion Justice for All was the worst game out of the three. It was still a pretty good game, but I didn't like it as much as the other two. Of course it'd be better if you could play it, but you don't really miss out on anything if you don't.

Yugi

Spoiler
Holy shit Reed White is an utter asshole.
[close]

fank009

Quote from: Yugi on April 18, 2013, 09:54:02 PM
Spoiler
Holy shit Reed White is an utter asshole.
[close]
Spoiler
And 9/10 culprits are like that
[close]
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

GaryOak

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 18, 2013, 01:58:13 PMI really want to get Justice For All (which I understand is the second game?) but it's super expensive right now @_@ $40 is more than some 3DS games. Trials and Tribulations is cheaper, would I be okay skipping Justice For All or not really?

I would play JFA first just because T&T is much better. JFA also introduces one or two important characters.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

SlowPokemon

My amazing friend is letting me borrow Justice For All!!!! Love you Sarah! XD

BigDaddysPizza

QuoteAlso on another note, today I bought Ghost Trick also by Capcom, and it's pretty cool so far.
I'm glad you followed my advice and got it. It will be worth your money, don't worry.
QuoteProfessor Layton vs Ace Attorney will obvsly be my favorite though.
That game looks unreal. I am dying for it to be localized. It HAS to come to the USA!
And once you finish JFA, don't forget T&T. (the highlight of the series)
My Prefrences
Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country, Advance Wars, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, and all of their music