News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Best Films of 2012

Started by SlowPokemon, February 16, 2013, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Well, Oscars are next week and I was wondering what everybody's favorite movies of 2012 were. Here are a few of mine--note that I don't necessarily include only good films, only ones that I really enjoyed (alphabetical order):

The Dark Knight Rises
Dark Shadows <-- yes it made the list...I enjoyed Johnny Depp's performance too much not to include it. Can't help it.
Frankenweenie
Life of Pi
Men in Black 3
ParaNorman
The Perks of Being a Wallflower <--HIGHLY recommended
Wreck-it Ralph

I still need to see a few (apparently) really good movies, like Skyfall, Lincoln Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, etc.... I'm sure some would make the list
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Lincoln's definitely on there for me, because obviously my love for history... and Daniel Day-Lewis. Wreck-it Ralph was fantastic, and I still want to see ParaNorman and Perks of Being a Wallflower, even though I could just read the book too...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I think the book is better, but honestly there's not a ton of difference. The movie definitely makes everything easier to understand.

Waddle Bro

Kman96

*COUGH*LES MISÉRABLES*COUGH*
Party Hard!
[close]

SuperFireKirby

TOM HANKS: THE MOVIE(aka Cloud Atlas)
AND FUCKING JANGO UNCHAINED. Also...

Lincoln
Argo
The Master
The Hobbit
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

And I still need to see Skyfall, cuz Javier Bardem is a sexy beast of a villain, every time.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

blueflower999

Wreck-It Ralph was probably the only movie I saw this year worth commenting on.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SuperFireKirby

2012 was actually a pretty good year for movies, I thought.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

JDMEK5

I thought TinTin was really good. The Hobbit should be on that list as well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Tintin was 2011; The Hobbit didn't make my list. It was fun and I had it on there originally but I just didn't like it as much as I had hoped I would.

blueflower999

I think Saria hates me for not enjoying the Hobbit. (Meaning the book. It was so mediocre that I didn't bother seeing the movie.  :P)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 17, 2013, 06:55:30 PMTintin was 2011
Right. Must've flown my mind.

I remember when The Hobbit ended in the theater and my mom said, "That's it?!".
She didn't know they were making it in 3 parts and was really surprised when I explained.

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 17, 2013, 06:56:37 PMI think Saria hates me for not enjoying the Hobbit. (Meaning the book. It was so mediocre that I didn't bother seeing the movie.  :P)
I found the beginning of the book nearly unbearably retarded. It made me sick at how boring those stupid "orthodox" hobbits were/are.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 17, 2013, 06:58:21 PMI remember when The Hobbit ended in the theater and my mom said, "That's it?!".
She didn't know they were making it in 3 parts and was really surprised when I explained.
I found the beginning of the book nearly unbearably retarded. It made me sick at how boring those stupid "orthodox" hobbits were/are.

You really have to appreciate Tolkien's vision for the world he was creating, otherwise it will seem that way.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book.

As for movies, Dark Knight Rises disappointed me but I still loved it, and Lincoln and the Hobbit were excellent as well.

SlowPokemon

Tolkein wasn't a great writer. He was a genius and a master linguist, and his stories are fantastic and wonderful--but terribly written.