News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

EarthBound/Mother Discussion!

Started by blueflower999, February 10, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I need to seriously sit through Earthbound and play it all.

Though, I do plan to LP it blind...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Quote from: Nebbles on February 18, 2013, 05:00:43 PMI need to seriously sit through Earthbound and play it all.

Though, I do plan to LP it blind...
Wait, so have you played/watched it, or not?

Because if you haven't, I would PAY to see you blind LP it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

Not at all! I only watched Chugga's and NCS' Mother 3 LPs.

You'd pay, eh? Then that seals the deal!

blueflower999

It might benefit you as a Pokemon fan to play them. Some of the origins of certain species can be found in Mother games. Like how Mewtwo and Giegue from Mother 1 are eerily similar. Or how there's an item in Mother 2 called the "Bag of Dragonite".
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

Ooooh that's neat :D Don't give away much more, though, so I can discover this all for myself.

popo447

Blue, can you name all of the Pokemon and Mother simmalarities? It would be really cool to know.
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

blueflower999

None of them are proven; all are just theories! I can't name every single one either. You'll just have to play the games and find them for yourselves!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 25, 2013, 11:38:27 AMNone of them are proven; all are just theories! I can't name every single one either. You'll just have to play the games and find them for yourselves!

Spoiler
Giygas in MOTHER looks like Mewtwo, but that doesn't say anything. Giygas is an anthropomorphic pink thing like Mewtwo, just that.
Also, "Run my Dog, Run!" from MOTHER 3 is supposedly similar to "Route 10" from Pokemon Black and White. I think there are more musical similarities, but I think all of them are just mere coincidences.

But I agree with blueflower when he says they're all theories. I really find hardly difficult that those coincidences are not casual. :P
[close]

popo447

Thats pretty cool. Blue, today I heard that they may be making Earthbound an E-Shop game on the 3DS for North America. It's only a rumor though, but it would be awesome to see EB in stunning 3-D.
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

blueflower999

Rumor is rumor is rumor. There was rumor that it was going to be on VC too, and it actually got reviewed for it, but that was all an error.

Don't get your hopes up.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

PROUD NEW OWNER OF THIS COPY OF MOTHER 3

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

Now make sure you test the game to make sure it works. For it to be a legitimate copy, it must say "Nintendo", "HAL Laboratory", "Shigesato Itoi", and "Brownie Brown" in the intro.

If so, then congrats! Don't start playing until you've finished EarthBound, though!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Man, I'd sell Jeff's soul for a bike right about now...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

My Ness cosplay stuff shipped yesterday, hoorah! And I'm gonna start recording the LP soon!