News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

EarthBound/Mother Discussion!

Started by blueflower999, February 10, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 10, 2013, 08:11:49 PMHe wasn't talking to you?

Anyway, I am currently using an emulator and just got to threed. I do, however, plan on buying EarthBound as soon as I can. (Maybe even sooner than this summer :o )
Ooh, you just got to Threed? Well, then...
Spoiler
Prepare to see Ness seduced by a hooker!
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 10, 2013, 05:47:57 PMYou don't like emulators?

Not at all. I tried once with DKC3, but I didn't like it. I bought the VC console version as soon as it released instead. :)
I just don't like playing games with a PC. :P

I hate Nintendo so much with Earthbound because it looks like they are blind and deaf! They can't see the enormous demand there is for just those three games! And fans are not asking for remakes or anything, just a simple re-release of, at least, Earthbound (Mother 2).

If they had the guts to release the Super Mario All-Stars Wii version, which in the end is just the original SNES Super Mario All-Stars with nothing else in-game and at a full Wii game price, why don't they re-release Earthbound world-wide?!
If there are legal issues with the games, then try to fix them somehow! :(

They would win more than they'd lose, that's for sure. :P

And now they're just doing it again. Re-releasing Earthbound only for Japan, when we didn't even have the chance to play Mother 3 or Mother 1+2 either. Ugh.

Olimar12345

I only use emulators when I can't buy the game. So far this is the first time xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

The only game that I use an emulator for is Mother 3, but I own the actual game. I just want to play it in English.

And I know what you're talking about. It took me a long time to figure out how to get the game loaded and patched the way I wanted, and longer still to learn how to program and use the emulator. But now, it works fine and I can play it whenever I want.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

Olimar12345

If you are considering playing EarthBound, know this:
Spoiler
Party members are the worst! They take your bike away! D:
[close]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

You'll get it back at the end, don't worry!

Although I'm not sure if the song is still there, though...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

K-NiGhT

I've been playing Mother 3 but...

Spoiler
I'm stuck at the part with the Mecha Drago.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

blueflower999

Spoiler
Use Flint's stat-boosting moves like Stiffen Up and Toughen Up (I think that's what they're called) towards the beginning of the fight. Make sure you have plenty of healing items. If you need more, fight the surrounding enemies until they drop them. Make sure you're at high HP when the Mecha-Drago dies, or else he'll kill you with his finishing attack, and you'll have to do it again! Don't get discouraged; this is a hard boss fight for most people, myself included, especially the first few times around. You can do it!
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

Spoiler
I just got out of Jail with Flint, how long untill Mecha Drago?
[close]

blueflower999

Spoiler
A little ways. You have to go see your family at Hinawa's grave, and then you have to go all the way through Sunshine Forest up to Alec's House, get Alec to join your party, and then go all the way up Mt. Oriander to see the Mecha-Drago. And then the Mecha-Drago is freaking hard.
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

QuoteMoving bush wanted to become friends with you!

Flint dodged the attack!
what.

blueflower999

Isn't its name the Walking Bushie?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Today I was beaten by a giant pile of vomit...twice.

blueflower999

You haven't seen the last of Master Belch, Olimar.  ::)
Bulbear! Blueflower999