News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dekkadeci

So I look up instrumental heavy metal so I don't look silly the next time I compose another heavy metal(-like) song, then I starting hearing this:
Hot diggity, I want to transcribe this song. Song's great fun, harmonies sound easy enough to extract, it's highly sectional (i.e. after I figure out 4 sections' worth of music, I can copy-and-paste all over)...

...On another note, I wish the titles on those embedded Youtube videos would show up again without me pressing "Play" on them.

WaluigiTime64

It just boggles my mind that a song like this is in a game about a duck trying to get money.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

InsigTurtle

Maelstrom

Oronoco

Maelstrom, it makes me really happy whenever you post music. It's always from something I haven't heard of before with a beautiful OST that I really enjoy listening to.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Oronoco on November 05, 2016, 02:38:08 PMMaelstrom, it makes me really happy whenever you post music. It's always from something I haven't heard of before with a beautiful OST that I really enjoy listening to.
This made my day.
Thank you.

daringshy

Xenoblade Chronicles - Colony 9
Xenoblade Chronicles - Frontier Village
Xenoblade Chronicles - You Will Know Our Names
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Song of Storms

SlowPokemon

I'm really loving this ballet score "Rabbit & Rogue" Danny Elfman released recently, particularly the second and fourth movements:

This movement, "Frolic," has a lot of really quirky and unexpected rhythms that make it really fun to listen to. The main theme it messes with throughout kind of doesn't ever stop going, making it a sort of perpetual motion machine that never stops to breathe, which is of course pretty exhilarating and exciting to hear. The piano lines here are just so playful.

This piece, "Rag," uses a really great ragtime style theme that it plays with throughout (I especially love the really slow, suspended section where you hear the theme at half speed--it's just a really dreamy lovely atmosphere).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 06, 2016, 01:17:51 PMI'm really loving this ballet score "Rabbit & Rogue" Danny Elfman released recently, particularly the second and fourth movements:

This movement, "Frolic," has a lot of really quirky and unexpected rhythms that make it really fun to listen to. The main theme it messes with throughout kind of doesn't ever stop going, making it a sort of perpetual motion machine that never stops to breathe, which is of course pretty exhilarating and exciting to hear. The piano lines here are just so playful.

This piece, "Rag," uses a really great ragtime style theme that it plays with throughout (I especially love the really slow, suspended section where you hear the theme at half speed--it's just a really dreamy lovely atmosphere).
I'm in Canada and I got "This video is not available" when trying to view the above--what country are you viewing those videos in (or were you just viewing other videos that had the same songs)?

...To stay on topic, whoo boy does Heartbeat Five by Gary P. Gilroy bring back memories on http://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/media-player.jsp?&type=audio&productID=10021061 (I keep finding school bands doing this on Youtube instead of professional recordings like the link). I remember playing that piece in my school's concert band (and, since I played bass clarinet, I got to play a really cool bass line), and it's probably influenced my preference towards energetic pieces in 5/4 (or arguably 10/8 with 3-3-2-2 rhythmic patterns) time.

Maelstrom

I think I just broke this:
Quote from: Oronoco on November 05, 2016, 02:38:08 PMMaelstrom, it makes me really happy whenever you post music. It's always from something I haven't heard of before with a beautiful OST that I really enjoy listening to.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Awesome rendition of an awesome standard, with probably one of the best bass solos you'll hear in a while.
what is shitpost

Maelstrom