my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

AwesomeYears

Onionleaf

Quote from: InsigTurtle on September 08, 2016, 12:19:02 AMI like the boldness of the opening parts

Oh! This Piano Concerto was recently performed in our city, I thought it was fantastic. :) I agree, the dramatic chords were quite memorable.

InsigTurtle

I have a fondness for Russian composers, even though a lot of people don't seem to like their styles.

Anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc
Not really a fan of this

AwesomeYears

cashwarrior1

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Okay but why listen to Hamilton when you can listen to anything by Stephen Sondheim and get an intellectually stimulating experience

/sickburncorner

I'm not entirely serious but I don't actually think Hamilton is as smart as everybody keeps saying it is and the music is lazy
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

^That's been blocked in my country apparently because copyright blah de blah :(
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I feel like Rubinstein is underrated as a technical player. Here he is belting out the Chopin B flat minor prelude in less than a minute more or less successfully, and yet I see him criticized all the time for not recording the etudes.. (though he played many of them and it's documented and available on YT).

Anyways, for your listening pleasure..

What I'm ACTUALLY listening to (better playing of Rubinstein IMO):

what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

Rubinstein gets kind of hammy at times, I feel. But he's still a great performer of Chopin.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

How do you mean?

I agree he's not perfect, and definitely has his faults, but I feel he gets kind of overlooked for the new players, for example Daniil Trifonov (who's very good with most of the stuff he does but not so much with Chopin).

With individual pieces, there are often times better individual recordings, but I find that on average, he's nearly impossible to beat (probably the only one close being Krystian Zimerman IMO).
what is shitpost

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel