News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on May 01, 2013, 05:12:35 AMThe "Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony" album is amazing - everyone should get their asses over to YouTube and listen to it!

I got it from iTunes the day it came out
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ricky

I've listened to the Rogue Galaxy soundtrack earlier today cause I wanted to hear more music by Tomohito Nishiura and right now I'm listening to this piece composed by him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrtScyYpa5E

The Rogue Galaxy OST was more interesting but the OST from Professor Layton and the Curious Village is also interesting. Accordion in pretty much every piece I've listened from that OST.

SlowPokemon

I recommend other soundtracks from Layton more than Curious Village.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Jompa on May 01, 2013, 05:12:35 AMThe "Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony" album is amazing - everyone should get their asses over to YouTube and listen to it!
I must confess I prefer Shinji Miyazaki's arrangements way better but Pokémon Reorchestrated (Kanto Symphony specifically) is way more complete. Pros and cons to each.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 01, 2013, 07:10:27 PMI must confess I prefer Shinji Miyazaki's arrangements way better but Pokémon Reorchestrated (Kanto Symphony specifically) is way more complete. Pros and cons to each.

Miyazaki's arrangements are much more faithful of course, but these are more creative. I must say Miyazaki's work on Pokemon orchestra music is unrivaled, but this guy has done an incredible job of basically rewriting the original Pokemon music as a film score.

Dudeman

Smooth McGroooooooooooooove ;D
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SuperFireKirby

I've been addicted to this guy's music for the past few days. Slow might find him interesting since he worked alongside Danny Elfman on Goodwill Hunting. Elliot Smith was basically the clinically depressed Bob Dylan of the 90s.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ricky

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 01, 2013, 07:02:14 AMI recommend other soundtracks from Layton more than Curious Village.
Yeah, the Diabolical Box soundtrack is nicer (at least so far).

SlowPokemon

SFK that's really cool! I've been meaning to see Good Will Hunting, now I definitely have to. That song is cool.

Ricky - yeah, though it is shorter. I think that while Curious Village had a few great pieces (Professor Layton's Theme, About Town, End Theme), the overall impression was not as good because the majority of the pieces are kind of forgettable. Probably because they all basically have the same instrumentation more or less. The series' music gets better with each game essentially.

UnknownKirbyMan

Just found this group last week.
"Das Testament" is my new favorite album.
Quote from: Nakah on October 28, 2013, 11:27:22 AM
I always respect my local poison herbalist.

Waddle Bro

Jompa

I know what I am gonna arrange for my band~
My soprano sax arrived today, so it's perfect! :D
Thanks Waddle!
Birdo for Smash

UnknownKirbyMan

If your band plays that, can you post a video or recording?
Quote from: Nakah on October 28, 2013, 11:27:22 AM
I always respect my local poison herbalist.