News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I don't believe that Zimmer is a particularly good melodist, he mainly just revolves around a series of chord progressions, which isn't bad if you can do something with it. His orchestration is bland, I think his most exciting work in this regard was his work on Sherlock Holmes.

But I don't think we should derail this topic further. If anything we could use a general Film Music topic.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

^yep. Check out his "Rango Suite," it's a lot like Holmes and has more substance than typical Zimmer fare.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ricky

J.S. Bach's complete works for lute (didn't know he composed any works for lute before I checked wiki):

FSM-Reapr

I'm currently into Luigi Boccherini's Menuet.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

JDMEK5

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 29, 2013, 05:26:55 AMI'm currently into Luigi Boccherini's Menuet.

I went through that about half a year ago. That song was played to me as a baby as a lullaby every night.
How do I know? That song resonates with me. It runs through my blood. And I also asked my mom.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Ricky

More Bach:

It's Easter after all so this music is especially suiting.

Yugi

First VG Song to win a Grammy.

Right here.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ricky

An interpretation of the French Suites I'm not used to:

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Ricky

Olimar12345

^Such a great opera. I recently saw it live and I must say, it was something else.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ricky

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 09, 2013, 10:13:51 AM^Such a great opera. I recently saw it live and I must say, it was something else.
Must have been great. I would listen to operas live more often but I dislike how they ruin the setting. For example I went to listen to Richard Strauss' Salome and while the music was ofc great they ruined it by making things look modern and doing stupid things not really fitting. If I want to listen to an opera that is about what happened about 2000 years ago then I want it to look that way, not like a freakshow.