News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dekkadeci on June 07, 2017, 06:56:19 PMGah, the soundtracks of "The Incredible Machine" series is like one heckuva strong magnet for me. This time, it's The Incredible Toon Machine's turn to provide a great soundtrack.
I've actually played "The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions." It's included in one edition of Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games that came free on a disc for one of our old laptops (still have the disc! Wooooo), where it was simply called "Crazy Contraptions." Took me forever to find out the actual name of the game. It is super addicting, and I've been meaning to review it for a while now.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

InsigTurtle

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

For the sake of the Melody Quiz, I'm finally getting around to listening to the EarthBound OST. This should be fun.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

You will make your ears happy, my friend. I guarantee you that.

InsigTurtle

I was very very tempted to use these in my next melody quiz, but... That would be too mean :P

Maelstrom

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dekkadeci

The beginning may be a little sleepy, but the fast section is energetic, surprisingly syncopated, and dazzling. Caution--this uses a Baroque tuning that's roughly one semitone below the usual.

Maelstrom

BlackDragonSlayer

Listening to all of David Bowie's studio albums from the first to the last. I just finished Tonight, and I have to say, it's actually not a bad album, despite all the negativity I'd heard around it. My enthusiasm kind of fizzled out after Let's Dance (IIRC, the only albums I haven't already listened to before were Tonight through Hours), but I was pleasantly surprised by songs like "Loving the Alien," "Don't Look Down," "Blue Jean," and "Tumble and Twirl" (the first and last of those four especially; I should start a music review topic or something since I'm really getting into this). "God Only Knows" is kind of an iffy cover, but then again, I feel iffy about the original anyway so I don't think anything but a stellar reimagining full of vigor and emotion (spoiler: it's not) could have done much to make me like it any better.

Also listened to the 2010 Harry Maslin mix of Station to Station: while the album still doesn't reach the top 5 for me, it gave me a bit more of an appreciation for the album and really is a great mix that highlights the full depth of sound the album has to offer (seriously, maybe it's just me, but all the layers feel a lot more crisp, distinct, and almost tangible; though I still think the title track would be better if it were a tiny bit shorter! 6:30 or so would be ideal, but I could settle for right around 8 minutes at most).

After that, I'm not sure. Might listen to The Lost Recordings (Jim Croce), sift through some of the Freezepop stuff I haven't listened to yet, or maybe The Best of Bread (I hadn't heard of them at all until I started actively searching for more 70s music to play on my radio show the last two semesters, and since I found it and gave it a "casual listen," I've been meaning to give it a much more serious listen and see if it's worthwhile or just a band with a funny name). I dunno. It's all up in the air from here.

EDIT: Wait. Forgot that Chuck Berry's new album is out already. So that's probably next.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on June 10, 2017, 07:52:13 PM

lol with the Play symbol in the middle of the thumbnail I thought it said "GREEN KILL ZONE"
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

XDDD nice

Also,
We Are Number One but it's a Wario Land Shake It back to start theme
I'm going to have a haaaaaard time arranging this and not memeing
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Well it's a good thing I suddenly remembered de Blob for no reason, because that gave me an excuse to listen to this again.
THE NOSTALGIA
THE GROOVE
I BEG OF YOU STOP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING AND LISTEN
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book