News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

E. Gadd Industries

So I've got 4 AP tests coming up in less than 2 weeks (this is what, the 6th time I've mentioned it?), and like any completely normal(?) VGMer, I like to have music that fits events and such in my life, perhaps as a parallel to some event in the song's video game. As such, I'm compiling a playlist of "final boss" themes that I'll play for each of the tests (rather, the morning before each), and ideally, no two song will be played for the same test. Here's what I've got:
-"The Core" - Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
-"Adventure's End" - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
-"Final Bowser Battle(?)" - Super Mario Galaxy

What else can I add?
(I couldn't remember the name for the last one)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

First of all:
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 26, 2017, 07:56:39 PM-"Final Bowser Battle(?)" - Super Mario Galaxy
Replace this with the one from Galaxy 2.
Second, my recommendation? Check out "Falling Down" from Mega Man Zero 4. Hype as hell. Check out the remastered version if you can, since it lacks the drop in audio quality common in GBA soundtracks.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Dark Matter phase 2 - Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon... unless you don't want the feels.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on April 26, 2017, 09:26:05 PMFirst of all:Replace this with the one from Galaxy 2.
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on April 25, 2017, 09:05:23 PM

Quote from: Dudeman on April 26, 2017, 09:26:05 PMSecond, my recommendation? Check out "Falling Down" from Mega Man Zero 4. Hype as hell. Check out the remastered version if you can, since it lacks the drop in audio quality common in GBA soundtracks.
Sounds cool. I added it, thanks!

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 27, 2017, 04:04:31 AMDark Matter phase 2 - Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon... unless you don't want the feels.
How the heck did I forget about that???
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SpartanChief17

Another FANTASTIC final boss song is Dialga's Fight to the Finish from PMD: EoT/D/S.
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

Maelstrom

On of my all time favorites final boss themes:
Also Zero from Ace Combat Zero is a great one no one on NSM has heard of.
Unrelated:
1 month later and I'm still listening to this song obsessively:
Quote from: Maelstrom on March 19, 2017, 11:57:31 AMThis is the strangest yet coolest song I've heard in a very long time.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 26, 2017, 07:56:39 PMWhat else can I add?
Here's a medley of 10 songs:
Either use this or the individual songs contained within.

SlowPokemon

Kind of a final boss theme (it's the ace attorney equivalent, anyway), and the music that gets me the most pumped to write papers, is "Pursuit ~ Otherwise Cornered" from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney:

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Awesome, thanks for all the suggestions!
Here's the link to what I've got now, don't think I'll be adding any more for now:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7S3qVSZX3UFSXoGn0yRVZqfdbI_IbCrC
It was designed specifically for the type of music I would like to listen to when getting revved up for the AP tests, but I may add more at a later point & ultimately use it for any major test/project/etc. Sorry if I didn't add your songs! Just picked what would work best for me.
(Oh, I forgot to say that it's open to anyone to use)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

I Haven't clicked the link yet but there better be Zelda music

I'd recommend taking out the divine beast themes (I kid) but add some stuff from say, TP like its demo theme or WW stuff like puppet ganon snake mode or helmaroc king

Also seems criminal not to have the infamous melee theme in here
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 27, 2017, 01:55:30 PMAwesome, thanks for all the suggestions!
Here's the link to what I've got now, don't think I'll be adding any more for now:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7S3qVSZX3UFSXoGn0yRVZqfdbI_IbCrC
It was designed specifically for the type of music I would like to listen to when getting revved up for the AP tests, but I may add more at a later point & ultimately use it for any major test/project/etc. Sorry if I didn't add your songs! Just picked what would work best for me.
(Oh, I forgot to say that it's open to anyone to use)
yaaaaaass you used the Physis remaster

Honestly, you ought to put The Grand Finale from BIS in there as well if you're gonna use Adventure's End from Dream Team.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SpartanChief17

So what all is in there (I haven't listened yet)? Could you show a list of what all songs you put in? (Personally for me, I like studying to or taking tests with the Sky Jukebox Mystery Dungeon music, or the threelines3 piano variations.)
Spoiler
[close]

AmpharosAndy

SpartanChief17 keeps beating me to it. I like this guy ;)
innit

SpartanChief17

Spoiler
[close]