News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Where People Can Recommend Games

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Hey guys. I thought I'd make a general topic where anyone can post a game they've been thinking about buying, and people who have played it can post their thoughts--what's good about it, what's not so good, is it worth the money, etc.

For example, I've been considering buying the Nintendo DS game Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for a while now, and am not sure if it's worth buying a new copy or even playing at all. Can anyone recommend it?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

I've never heard of it before, but here's IGN's review of it. They gave it a 7.9/10. Which is their code for "good", but is only 0.1 points away from "great". So I suppose it's your choice depending on the price.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FireArrow

I think I already know the replies I'm gonna get, but I've been thinking about Professor Layton. Which is the best?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Start with the first is my recommendation, but unwound future is probably the best game.

blueflower999

...I thought you said Diabolical Box was your favorite?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

It is, but Unwound Future is probably the best game (it's the most popular and is more polished than the others).

But yeah Diabolical Box is my favorite.

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 24, 2013, 03:56:33 AMStart with the first is my recommendation, but unwound future is probably the best game.

Are they actually sequels of each other or is it like zelda where the games aren't connected?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FireArrow on January 24, 2013, 07:03:45 PMAre they actually sequels of each other or is it like zelda where the games aren't connected?

There's definitely a chronological order, and you will probably miss little references here and there, but really each one is pretty much a standalone experience.

Waddle Bro

Obvious Layton, obvious Pokemon, OBVIOUS Dark Cloud 2. <3

Go play them. Now.

GaryOak

Hotel Dusk is really good, totally worth its current price. When I started to play it I wasn't really impressed but at some point I really got hooked. The puzzles aren't too tricky but they're very enjoyable. And it's visually nice looking, with those rotoscope animations.

Some really beautiful music too.

The sequel is also very good so you have to buy that too if you decide to try and like Hotel Dusk.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Pit0010

I have been keeping an eye on a DS game for a while. It's called 999 (9 people, 9 doors, 9 hours)

And it's like a puzzle and mystery game with alternate endings :P Love those kind of games
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Wolf

I know that game. It reminds me of the time when one of my friends brought a nintendo DS to school and asked me to beat the last level. So, I beat it. It took me an hour to do it. But the teacher saw it and it was confiscated for the rest of his life. ( I believe that guy is cursing me)
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Pit0010

WHAT?! The teacher confiscated for the rest of his life? isnt that a little TOO cruel? I mean..it's usually till the end of the day, week or month!
But for the rest of his life? Poor guy TT^TT
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030