News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Mashi

SlowPokemon

I almost voted Tsuruya--I wish she had more screen time
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Kman96

based on what I've seen so far, I chose Kyon's sister, simply because she's kinda cute in the episodes she's in! ;D
Party Hard!
[close]

SuperFireKirby

So far, this show is kinda, ummmmmmm idunno.

Haruhi is a fuckin psychopath, Mikuru is getting borderline raped by Haruhi wayyyyyy too much, and Kyon is the only person in the show that doesn't make me want to punch holes in walls(and I guess the transfer student that I can't remember the name of)

But I'll give this show a fair chance still.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 07, 2013, 07:33:08 PMSo far, this show is kinda, ummmmmmm idunno.

Haruhi is a fuckin psychopath, Mikuru is getting borderline raped by Haruhi wayyyyyy too much, and Kyon is the only person in the show that doesn't make me want to punch holes in walls(and I guess the transfer student that I can't remember the name of)

But I'll give this show a fair chance still.

*sniff* I'm so proud!

Just so you know, I didn't like the show at all at the beginning. It took me quite a while to realize that I did like it (like after I had finished the series).

Just wait until you see the Disappearance movie (takes place after the series), it's the most epic thing to come from the Haruhi franchise yet.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 07, 2013, 07:40:18 PMJust so you know, I didn't like the show at all at the beginning. It took me quite a while to realize that I did like it (like after I had finished the series).
Weird, I don't think I've ever had to watch through a whole show to find out I liked it.

FMA: Brotherhood - 8 episodes and it became an uber addiction
Avatar: The Last Airbender - About 1 season to become a lifelong obsession
Doctor Who - About 3 Matt Smith episodes and I was hooked(and watched the whole series from the beginning, twice)
Legend of Korra - About negative 2 years, since that's when it was first announced. :b

So if the show doesn't get me by around episode ten, I might just leave it be.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mashi

I think what SlowPokemon meant by that was that he was only able to fully appreciate the entire work when he could see it from all angles.  And that he originally felt that he was watching it under obligation (since I may or may not have been forcing him, ehehe) or having nothing else to do, when he misattributed his watching of the show to one of the previous reasons than of interest.

SuperFireKirby

Just finished Ep. 4. Shit got serious, bro. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

Mashi

Kman96

Look out for "Endless Eight." that seriously ticked me off...I couldn't stand watching virtually the same thing 8 times over.

UGHHH. Right now I'm nearing the end of "The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya." ya know, when they make the movie for the festival.
Party Hard!
[close]

Yugi

What's so bad about the endless 8, I've heard people complain about it, but they don't give reasons.

Mashi

Yugi