News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Hosting and Balancing

Started by Bird, January 04, 2013, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

The Orange team is underpowered.  Seers are pretty useless if you already know your team.  Blue team's probably overpowered because you can have the three guards guard each other every night to ensure that they all survive.

Toby

What if they don't know each other?

Also the guards would be lynched.

It was actually at the last second I decided teams would know each other because I thought that red would be too op.

Mashi

To be honest, the game is very off balanced.  If the teams know each other, seers are essentially useless, with 5 vigis going on at once, the 3 guards are not likely to be successful, and the Red Team is so strongly powered that the Blue and Orange Teams are likely to team up and lynch/vigi them.

In all Team games I've seen, the Teams don't know each other.  I would suggest giving the Teams differing powers that aren't so simple and have a few more restrictions.  Also, try to avoid repeat Roles unless they're normal Human-ish Roles to keep balance between Teams.

Toby

This game is just something I've been thinking about for about a year now just coming and going from my mind. Just always wondered how it would plan out.

Bird

I think there is a neat sort of symmetry to the game, but Mashi is right. If the teams don't know each other, seers aren't going to be useful at all, and vigis will be a lot more powerful than guards as well. I don't know how you could do the "each team has a different emphasis but they're still equally powerful" thing though, since I can't think of 3 roughly equal roles. Good luck though!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Toby

I'll stick it in next host signups and see what people think of it, won't be expecting any votes though.

MaestroUGC

The idea is good, it just needs much more refinement. Also don't put a game up if you don't think it'll win, the whole reason we revised the system is to avoid that. Also also, people have been advising you on this game, so at least make an effort to change some of the more gamebreaking aspects before just throwing it up there.

You'd also need TWC approval for the game anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 19, 2013, 04:18:57 PMVig
Vig
Vig
Guard
Seer

Guard
Guard
Guard
Vig
Seer

Seer
Seer
Seer
Vig
Guard

Teams know each other.

Okay so,

Red and Blue team are obviously controlling the game, Orange might as well give up.
Red would probs win, because every time a vigi'ing fails thanks to guarding, they would lynch the guarded player next day.

Too lazy to do math but the I would bet my money on reds.

Toby

Oh yeh, I think I'll improve it a bit and maybe add in 3 more different roles (one for each team) just to balance it all.

I'll wait a while anyway since people won't like someone hosting multiple games within a short period of time.

Mashi

Red would probably lose, actually.  If the Blue and Orange Team want to win, their only option would be to team up and lynch/vigi the Red Team.  The other option would be to team up with the Red Team, but that would be a guaranteed second place, and why go for second when you could possibly be first by teaming up with the not-Red Team?

In other words, the game would probably play as follows:
Night 1 - Orange and Blue Teams unite and tell each other their team members.  Both Teams' Vigis kill Red Team members.  Red Team vigis 3 people.
Day 1 - A 3rd Red Team Member lynched.
Night 2 - Remaining 2 Red Team members vigi'd.
Day 2 - If something went wrong and a Red Team member survives, he/she is lynched.
Rest of Game - Remaining Blues vs. Remaining Oranges

Waddle Bro

I thought about that but I would most likely betray the other team. :P

Toby

I think I'll make it that the teams don't know each other, can't even remember why I made them know each other.

Waddle Bro

That wouldn't make any difference. The guardians from each team would just claim their roles and the others would claim to them.

Toby

Guardians can't guard themselves. Guardians would be vig'd/lynched straight away and I don't think many people have the courage to do that.

Orange guardian wouldn't need to claim anyway, they can seer for their team.

I'd add a role blocker in it somewhere anyway so..

Waddle Bro

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 20, 2013, 02:58:09 PMGuardians can't guard themselves. Guardians would be vig'd/lynched straight away and I don't think many people have the courage to do that.

Orange guardian wouldn't need to claim anyway, they can seer for their team.

I'd add a role blocker in it somewhere anyway so..
That would just mean that the seer or vigi would claim and the guardian would guard him/her.