Submissions for Weekly Update #4

Started by The Deku Trombonist, December 10, 2012, 05:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

From now on, there will be 1 submission topic per week. If your sheets get accepted, celeberate!! If not, resubmit them next week. We won't be waiting for everyone's sheets to be accepted. If you've got any questions, feel free to send a PM.

And now, onto submissions (borrowing from your layout, Olimar :P)!

Post a maximum of 2 Submissions, including new ones and replacements.

1) Make a SINGLE post with your two pieces. Any other posts will be deleted. (We have a general questions topic) Discussion about arrangement should take place in individual threads.
2) Submit sheets using ONLY dropbox. It's more efficient and safer than mediafire.
3) Put all of your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each of your sheets in a seperate ZIP file for each sheet.
4) Before posting, be sure that your sheets are in tip-top shape (i.e. formatted to perfection, well arranged, etc.)
5) Your post will be edited with feedback.

Here are the Formatting Rules. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional. If a sheet is not formatted properly, we may not bother to even look.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups.

List of Currently Accepted Sheets:

[3DS] Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - "The One-Stop Shop" - Jordan Knapp
[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - "N's Theme" - Jordan Knapp
[NDS] Radiant Historia - "Where the Wind and Feathers Return" - spitllama
[NDS] Pokémon Black/White - "Battle! Wild Pokémon" - JDMEK5 and Olimar12345
[WII] Mario Party 9 - "Blooper's Mad!" - Bloop
[WII] Mario Party 9 - "Battle with Blooper!" - Bloop

Bubbles

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "About Town" (editing help by Bloop, but I want to make sure its all better)
Olimar: Just a few things:
-The Key is Eb minor, so add a flat to the key sig. and turn all B naturals into C flats.
-Remove "Score" from the sheet, as that is redundant. 
-Add courtesy accidentals to the first Db's in the bass clef in measures 6, 10, and 14.

Bubbles: Is it ok if the accidentals are text boxes? I dont think Notepad has them

Olimar: Er, try Pming someone who has finale 2012. It's like one button press.

[GCN] Pokemon Colosseum - "Es Cade's Theme"
Olimar:
-The arranger's name is too close to the music, raise it or lower the first system.
-I think it should be in 6/8, but it's fine the way it is. It's just the style-most marches like that are in 6/8. Think about it, though.
-The use of the second layer in the whole first system is unnecessary-Put it all in the first layer.
-Measures 9, 10, and 11 have an impossible-to-play second layer in the right hand. I suggest removing it.

Bubbles: I fixed the things, but kept it in its original timing. For measures 9-11 I lowered them an octave

Olimar: Make measure 11 match measure 9 (layer-wise). Measure 11 looks sloppy.

ZIP

SlowPokemon

[3DS] Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - "The One-Stop Shop" ZIP
Olimar: Looks good. Nice work on using the correct accidentals on the non harmonic tones!
-Accepted.

[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - "N's Theme" ZIP
Olimar: Everything looks good except for measures 13-14. I believe that in the key of F minor, the harmony is V7 - V43/V - V. Fill those chords out like so.
Slow: I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what those mean. Could you elaborate a bit? (I apologize)
Olimar: For beat one of the left hand, measure 13 needs to be a C7 chord, spelled in root position (low to high:C-E-G-Bb). Measure 14 needs to be G7 in third inversion(low to high: D-F-G-B).
Also, as I listen to it again, there's an important resolution that you left out-Measure 15-16 in the RH add the dotted half notes F and E. Just add them to the first layer, but don't tie them.
Slow: Fixed.

Olimar: Accepted

Both arranged by Jordan Knapp.

Also, in the Pokémon Black and White section, where the name next to Route 4 says SlowPokemon, I'd like it to say Jordan Knapp. Same goes for HeartGold and SoulSilver's "Pokémaniac Encounter" and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time / Darkness /Sky's "Apple Woods." Thank you.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

[NDS] Radiant Historia - "Where the Wind and Feathers Return" Zip
Olimar: Mind if I clean this up a bit for you? Just a few small nuances...

spit: Please do. Thanks.

Olimar: This is Accepted.

[WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl – "Boss Theme Medley" Zip
Olimar: Rhythm grouping errors. Everywhere. There should never be two dotted notes of any value next to each other in 4/4. Plus most of this is impossible to play(measure 62-LH whole notes AND 16th notes at 170? /lolnope.)

spit: Okay. I made sure to make the 3rd beat clear (no ties over it) but I can certainly fix the rest of it too.
As for playability, is there any real way to recreat this piece WITHOUT having 62nds?

Olimar: Probably, probably not. play with it, maybe you'll find another way to create the sound you're looking for. For now, I'd say this piece needs more work before it's ready for the site.

spit: Done! All rhythm grouping issues and playability problems should be fixed. I solved the fast repetitive notes with alternating octaves, and the sostenuto pedal, where applicable.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Battle Against Dusknoir" - Bespinben Zip
Olimar:Impossible to play at the tempo listed. and with only two hands. It's too much of a direct transcription than an actuall piano arrangement.

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "On the Beach at Dusk" - Bespinben Zip
Olimar: Too many accounts of note collision and sloppy layer work. Once again, this is a transcription.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

[GCN] Luigi's Mansion - "Dancing Shy Guy Ghosts"
Olimar:
-LH Down beats shouldn't be staccato. also, at measure 3 the bass line changes from root-fifth-root-fifth, to root-fifth-third-fifth. It's just for that measure only.
-the figure in measure 7 is incorrect. All F#'s should be changed to G naturals.

Dudeman:
1) For down beats, do you mean beats 1 and 3 or just 1 (Just for clarification)? And I don't hear the bass change in the original piece.
2) I listened to the original again and I disagree. The interval is a major 4th (F# to B).

Olimar:
1)1, 2, 3, and 4. Down beats are specified by the upper number of the time signature. And beat 3 in measure 3 (LH) is definitely a B.
2)I disected it and it is not an F#. Its two triads moving in major seconds.

I found other nuances with this piece and made the appropriate adjustments. Here.

Dudeman: Hmm...I'm gonna have to hold this argument with you, Olimar. The first chord of that set of chords in measure 7 is definitely not a G Major chord. It sounds more like the bottom note is an F# (oh dear, here we go again).

Olimar: Yeah, lets get someone else's opinion.

Deku: This.

Dudeman: Hmm...that actually sounds correct. Way to go, Deku!

[ZIP]

[N64] Paper Mario - "Jr. Troopa's Theme"
Olimar:
-In measures 4 and 6, add an A above the stave in the RH on beat one.

Dudeman:
Fixed. Is that what you mean?

Olimar:Yes. Are you using musescore? cus I don't remember your sheet looking so bad... the two files don't match and until they do (in a good way) it won't be accepted.

Dudeman: Darn .xml...I think it's just a measure sizing issue (that I can't fix). Is it possible to fix?

Olimar: Try clicking on the measure with the whole note selected.

Dudeman: Should be fixed.

[ZIP]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Yugi

Final Fantasy VI - "Cyan's theme" [ZIP]

Olimar: haven't checked it with the original, but as for formatting:
-Arranger name needs to be right-aligned.
-everything on page 1 is too low...move up everything except the copyright info.
-slopy pedal markings.
-title on page 2 is too low.

SocialFox: How about now?

Final Fantasy VI- "Setzer's theme" [ZIP]

SocialFox: I fixed the odvious problems in the piece, is there anything wrong with it now?

Bloop

[WII] Mario Party 9 - "Battle with Blooper!" - [ZIP]

Olimar: Lol, I love how all of your arrangements are related to blooper :J
-Move the last system onto the first page-it saves paper
-Change the two C's in the LH (measure 4) to B's. (as it is a V/V)
-Change the F# to a Gb in the RH in measure 4
-Make the title bold

Bloop: Yeah, I just had to arrange those before anyone else. Fixed all of it btw.

Olimar: Link isn't working...

Bloop: It does for me?

Olimar: nm, it is working :P Just delete the E's in the second layer in measure 16 and it'll be good.

Bloop: Done.

Olimar: Accepted.

[WII] Mario Party 9 - "Blooper's Mad!" - [ZIP]

Olimar:
-Keep it in 6/8, but cut all the note values in half. Then combine every two measures, making a total of 18 measures(plus the last measure)
-Make the title bold
-Put a double bar at the key change.

Bloop: Like this? If it was to make it a one-page sheet, it didn't really work; If I try to get it on one page, it becomes REALLY cramped.

Olimar: Yes. Two pages is fine for this one. Also, delete layer two in measure 18-it's kinda impossible...

Bloop: Okay. Done.

Olimar: looks good. Accepted.

BlackDragonSlayer

[NES] Metroid - "Samus Aran's Appearance Fanfare" - ZIP

BlackDragonSlayer: I read what you said previously, and looked at the other MUS file, and for some reason (whether or not it's just my speakers), the low notes make it sounds a bit "growly." I'll definitely update the tempo marking as soon as possible, but I don't currently have a PDF creator installed (thus, it might be better if we make any necessary changes before, and then re-submit it)...

Olimar: Several things:
-OST states that the title is "Samus Aran", so change it to that.
-Go ahead and put a "3" above the bracket on the second system. While it seems unnecessary to put measure numbers on such a short piece, it will make it look more uniform.
-The reattack of the "A" in the RH in measure 3 shouldn't happen until beat 1 of the last measure.
-This piece is actually possible to play without transposing, so to make it sound more accurate:
1)Move entire LH part up one octave
2)Put measures 1 & 2 of the LH in treble clef
3)Put both staves in bass clef in measures 3 & 4

BlackDragonSlayer:
-I've only heard it called "Samus Aran's Appearance Fanfare" or "Samus Intro"; I've never seen just that name, when applied to the original game??
-Should I add numbers above the other measures as well?
-Ok.
-I don't believe that you can change the clef in Finale Notepad... could they help me with this problem over at this topic?

Olimar:
-That's just what Nintendo titled that track in the original metroid's OST. 
-No, just measure 3
-Yes, that would be the place. But I can do it for you when I get a chance. Sorry, didn't realize you were running 2012 :/
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

[WII] The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Bilocyte"

Olimar:
-Intro has wrong notes
-Keep measures 9-17 in bass clef
-Make measure 28 all one layer-change that whole note into a half note
-LH measure 30 C# needs to be a Db
-All written Bb's in both hands from measure 30 to the end need to be respelled as A#'s

[NDS] Pokémon Black/White - "Battle! Wild Pokémon" - JDMEK5 and Olimar12345

Olimar: We already discussed this one. Accepted.

[ZIP]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

starrgrl24

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - Kracko Battle Theme

starrgrl24: This is it. <: Let me know if there's anything I need to adjust!

Olimar: Hmm...My gut says this is in 4/4 at 135bpm, with all of the note values cut. However, I think we can avoid all that work by putting "(3+3+2)" next to the bpm... can I get a second opinion?

Starrgrl24:Yeah, it is possible to notate it in 4/4, but I wouldn't really suggest marking time signatures based on the phrasing. The phrasing very well makes it 4/4 with the note division halved. Latin rhythms have this habit though. While it sound as all the values should be cut in half, they don't do that because the score will be messy and hard to read. xD I choose 8/8 for aesthetic purpose. xD I rather see dotted quarter notes than dotted eight notes. This is just my opinion. More opinions please. xD But if people think it looks cleaner in 4/4, then let me know. I care about making it easy for people to read. <:

Olimar: The thing is, 8/8 in this situation doesn't make sense. It doesn't function as 8/8 because 8/8 imples that the 8th notes are getting the beat. The more I think about it, the more I hear 4/4. Go ahead and cut the note values in half and change it to 4/4 at 135bpm.

Starrgrl24Oh you're making a common misconception of the x/8 rhythm. The dotted quarter notes get the beat (or quarter note depending on the rhythm), not the eight. It's a nicer way of notating if the rhythm is gonna be all triplets. Anyways, I think I'll just go with the 4/4. It's really more of an opinion. Seeing that the gusty garden galaxy arrangement is 4/4. May as well keep the consistency and it's more familiar. So 4/4 it is. 

Olimar: The rhythm isn't all triplets, its dotted quarter-dotted quarter-quarter. Make your rhythm match this:

And the wind garden IS in 4/4. Watch the conductor.

No, I am positive now that this piece is in 4/4

I like chocolate. :3

CLBGM

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - Oldale Town (Piano Duo) ZIP

Olimar: Haven't checked the notes and rhythms to the original yet, but this is what I'm seeing already:
-Change the clef to bass clef in the RH of piano 2 from measures 1-8
-Sloppy layer work in measures 4 and 8 (pno. 1, LH)
-Remove the clef change in measure 10, as it is unnecessary
-All of your clef changes aren't properly spaced-they're colliding with your notes
-Your piano 1 frequently has note collision.
-Note collision between RH pno1 and RH pno2 in measures 13 + 14

CLBGM: New ZIP
- Fixed.
- I think it's fixed, but if not u can fix it as you like.
- Fixed.
- Fixed.
- Fixed.
- Fixed.

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - Battle! Brendan/May (Piano Duo) ZIP

ALPRAS

Super Mario Galaxy
- "Bowser's Galaxy Reactor"        ZIP

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword       
- "Fi's Gratitude"        ZIP

iLikePiano

Angry Birds - "Main Theme" [ZIP]
Arranger: Ryan...

Olimar: Why are K-NiGhT and two others credited? It seems kinda sketchy...

iLikePiano: Well, because I don't have the greatest ear, I used their arrangements of the Angry Birds Theme to help me a little with mine. So I thought it would be the right thing to do to mention their names.

Sebastian

[N64] Paper Mario - Walking on the Clouds [ZIP]