News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qew

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 21, 2010, 10:15:04 AMGive me an example of a film that has taken the source material and made it better.

I saw the movie City of ember when it came out with some friends. It was pretty awesome, kinda generic in parts but still pretty awesome.

Then I read the original book. It's exactly the same (almost word for word) but missing half of the scenes and is considerably less cool.

so there, it took the book, copied it out exactly then threw in a couple epic scenes, making it better.

Harvest

Well I just finished reading The Time Machine and went ahead and bought the 2002 film, it was cheap...and I remember liking it when it came out..but I was much younger then..

we shall see..
-

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Qew on August 24, 2010, 02:34:03 AMI saw the movie City of ember when it came out with some friends. It was pretty awesome, kinda generic in parts but still pretty awesome.

Then I read the original book. It's exactly the same (almost word for word) but missing half of the scenes and is considerably less cool.

so there, it took the book, copied it out exactly then threw in a couple epic scenes, making it better.

:|  I have never heard of either.

Anyway, my point is that the majority of the time, the source material is so beloved by its fans that an adaptation will somehow just not live up to their standards.

But apparently when the source material sucks then you can make a good adaptation?

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

The Lord of the Rings movie was well near the original. But the movie was still not as good, especially considering that Tom Bombadil didn't make the cut in the first one.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 24, 2010, 09:03:37 AMAnyway, my point is that the majority of the time, the source material is so beloved by its fans that an adaptation will somehow just not live up to their standards.

You have a good point there, my friend. We can't exactly call it bad when we've loved the source most of our lives. Just because a director's vision was different than we had expected doesn't mean we have to shoot it down... in some cases it does, though.

And for the record, City of Ember the book was way better than the movie. xP

Hold on. I'm contradicting myself. o_o
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Isn't Disney Pixar's Up a great movie? Such a great soundtrack, too. Married Life is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard from a Disney movie.

The first time I saw that movie, I was crying within the first ten minutes. :(

Maretocks

'Secret' directed, starring, and scored by the virtuoso Jay Chou. Everyone should see this movie.

Piano Duet- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9UePkr4fOQ&feature=related My friend and I just have to practise this together now. ^_^

Piano Battle- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-FdX1D5hVg Featuring a couple of Chopin pieces. These two are amazing.

Secret- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAOWenyeCis&feature=related Said friend can play this.

Jay Chou Piano Battle, not from the movie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhXNMcl9Et0&feature=related
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 10, 2010, 06:07:34 AMMeh... it would have been better without Ben Stiller.

I just watched much of Meet the Parents, and it's the funniest movie I've ever seen. Murphy's Law movies are usually funny. xD (I didn't watch all of it because it was on DVR, and the TV happened to be messing up when we recorded it).

Truthfully, every time I see Ben Stiller, I think he's hilarious. :P That's just me, though...everyone has opinions.

DrP

I really want to see Little Fockers... I may actually go to the theater to see it! (that is something I dont usually do)!

SlowPokemon

I need to rent the first two, since my DVR really did mess up!

That whole dinner scene towards the beginning is hilarious!

"Is that another one of your secret cameras, Jack? Huh? Booga booga booga! Heh heh heh."

"Greg, that's an urn holding the remains of Jack's mother."

ROFLMAO

DrP

It is pretty hilarious! I actually might watch it again tonight... or I might WRITE for once

Meet the Fockers is pretty funny, too!

SlowPokemon

Aren't the Airplane movies hilarious? :D :D :D :D :D

You should really watch them if you haven't already.

DrP

I only like the first one... the sequel was kinda funny, but it WAS HORRIBLE!

SlowPokemon

The second one was all stupid funny, the first one was pretty clever but nonsensical.

Winter

i just saw the Butterfly Effect :0....... damn.