News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 19, 2010, 02:23:28 PMI had actually never heard of them.  And obviously, there is not a book/comic/etc film in existence that people can legitimately like more than the original material it is based off of.
Opinions vary, KefkaticFanatic.

SlowPokemon

LOL

Rotten Tomatoes gave Vampires Suck a 3%

The consensus: Witlessly broad and utterly devoid of laughs, Vampires Suck represents a slight step forward for the Friedberg-Seltzer team.

The page on RT can be found here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/vampires_suck/
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Wow, even worse than the last airbender... haha

So Vampires really do suck... haha

I think I may watch 9 tonight... it was a really original movie that I kinda liked a bit... it felt a little like after a huge war after the events in 1984.

SlowPokemon

I never saw 9, even though I'm a Tim Burton fanatic! :o

I really should watch that sometime!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 19, 2010, 03:37:51 PMOpinions vary, KefkaticFanatic.
Give me an example of a film that has taken the source material and made it better.

me irl
[close]

Dude

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)

Seriously.

SlowPokemon

The book was much better than that, actually. And so was the Tim Burton remake in 2005.

Roald Dahl was a genius... and the '71 film makes his book seem too happy.

Harvest

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 21, 2010, 10:15:04 AMGive me an example of a film that has taken the source material and made it better.

The film version of 1984 that came out in 1984.

oh wait...
-

Maretocks

Scott Pilgrim was awe-Oh wait. It's a given.

Seen Inception twice. Made so much more sense the second time around.

I'm eagerly awaiting the last two Harry Potter movies.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 20, 2010, 03:36:21 PMI never saw 9, even though I'm a Tim Burton fanatic! :o

I really should watch that sometime!
9 is an amazing, completely under-rated movie.

If I had one complaint about it, it would be that it was too short. 1 hour 19 minutes. I wish something so awesome would be awesome for even longer.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Harvest on August 21, 2010, 07:26:15 PMThe film version of 1984 that came out in 1984.

oh wait...

Augh.  I watched that on the plane ride to Japan.  Most awkward thing ever.  So much DONOTWANT oldguynoodz.  And random nude/sex scenes.  Like, more than was necessary.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Yeah, it was really terrible, didn't even finish it.
-

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 21, 2010, 12:51:10 PMThe book was much better than that, actually.
Not really.

Oh, and Matilda was an excellent movie too. Much better than the book imo.

SlowPokemon

Matilda was an excellent movie... Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood were portrayed most excellently by Danny Devito and Rhea Perlman.

DrP

YES! I need to find that movie somewhere