News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 18, 2010, 03:01:59 PMWoo, topic derails.

So I heard Robin Hood was pretty good, but reviews say otherwise.  Any thoughts?
My friends tell me its slow and not very robin-hoody, but still epic.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Harvest

^^ seems to be the exact description I would give it.

kind of like a 7.5-8/10.
-

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 18, 2010, 03:01:59 PMWoo, topic derails.

So I heard Robin Hood was pretty good, but reviews say otherwise.  Any thoughts?
I've heard mixed reviews. Supposed to be kind of medicore though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maretocks

Kick-Ass, Iron Man 2, Robin Hood. I must see these.

Anyone wanna comment on The Nightmare Before Christmas for me?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jamaha

Been watching movies all week at home.

Yay.

SuperFireKirby

I've got a bunch of money. Time to get those LOTR extended verisions I've been meaning to buy.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maretocks on May 19, 2010, 04:48:56 AMKick-Ass, Iron Man 2, Robin Hood. I must see these.

Anyone wanna comment on The Nightmare Before Christmas for me?

Dude, I was just going to! That is my ALL-TIME favorite movie! In sixth grade, the first thing I would do EVERY day when I got home was watch the Nightmare Before Christmas!

As a result of this obsession, I now have it memorized, songs and all; I can play all the songs on the piano; and... Well, the list goes on and on.

I don't know if you wanted me to rave about it or, if you haven't seen it, recommend it, so I'll just do both.
That movie is pretty epic. I would recommend it if you like artistic and strange movies. And if you can put up with amazing songs by Danny Elfman. Many *cough* narrow-minded *cough* people say it sucks and it's the most boring movie they've ever seen. It's not.

Sorry if this reply is too late (or too long). XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maretocks

Now I really want to watch it. :D Thank for the review. ^_^ And artistic and strange...it's Tim Burton. :P Of course I'll love it. :D

Nightmare on Elm Street was not great.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

Of coarse it wasn't. Horror classics always suck when they're remade. (Halloween, Friday the 13th, the Omen, Last House on the Left, and now this)

Maretocks

I've never been a fan of horror movies in general. There's nothing about them that's...well...good. :S
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

Old ones are awesome. Any horror movie past 2000 usually sucks. Hmmm.... well 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later were actually really good. But Ican't think of any other good horror movies made in the last ten years.

SlowPokemon

Completely different genre here, not to mention topic, but have any of y'all seen Shrek Forever After? Was thinking about seeing it. Is it any good? ???

SuperFireKirby

Critics are saying it's  way better than the third one. Which is good.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 29, 2010, 10:37:32 AMCritics are saying it's  way better than the third one. Which is good.

I agree. I love the first one. The second one was less good, but still funny. The third one sucked, period.