News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

plenty.  Was good, like inception.

LEGO Batman Movie was another home run from WAG, I was impressed.
unmotivated

Onionleaf

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 29, 2017, 10:07:34 AMIs there anyone here who likes the films of Laika? The four films they've made are Coraline, ParaNorman, The Boxtrolls, and Kubo and the Two Strings. I'm a huge, huge fan of their work and style of stop-motion and have been revisiting a couple of their movies. My favorite is The Boxtrolls, because it's super quirky and the animation is spectacular and the story is really sweet and interesting. Has anyone else seen that one, or the others?

Heya, I'm glad you posted this recommendation! I have no idea how come I haven't heard of this studio before or watched any of their movies. There's a completely different "feel" to their work - the realistic textures and the quirky characters are the most memorable parts.
It almost seems as though nothing can stop the creators, there's no limitation to their work. Some scenes made me imagine how the staff would sit together at the planning stages, saying "this idea is crazy, we love it, let's do it." So much collaboration and time (!) invested into this, just... wow! Makes you appreciate every second of the movie.

SlowPokemon

I'm really glad you think they're cool! Which movie(s) did you watch? And what were your favorite scenes or movies of the ones you saw?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Onionleaf

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 04, 2017, 09:16:01 AMI'm really glad you think they're cool! Which movie(s) did you watch? And what were your favorite scenes or movies of the ones you saw?

I've watched all four of them during the last few months and would love to watch them again - just need to promote them to someone at home so that we can watch them all together. :)

Hmm, at first no specific scene or movie came to mind, but there's definitely improvement to be seen from one movie to the next, with Kubo and the Two Strings having spectacularly seamless animation. The leaf boat is an amazing prop and I'm still baffled by how Monkey's fur was made to look so detailed.
It would be difficult to pick a favourite scene, but all of Kubo's origami creations were mesmerising. I also liked the different settings in Coraline, the lighting played such a large role in conveying just the right mood - from warm and inviting to chilling and terrifying. If this movie wasn't animated I would've found it hard to fall asleep afterwards.

I'm sure it will be a completely different experience once I watch each movie a second time. ;)

SlowPokemon

Yaaaay I'm so happy now! (And if you watch them again, be sure to stay all the way through the credits, they always put a funny little featurette at the end)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

So like I don't like lilo and stitch a ton but dang
That's some fantastic writing it's unbelievable
unmotivated

blueflower999

The Emoji Movie sucked and no one should see it, even ironically.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

LeviR.star

You're not telling us you saw it, are you?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Oh he saw it. He was so excited to see how bad it was going to be.

It was not worth it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

You told me you liked it a lot
unmotivated

blueflower999

Nah it's pretty bad, wouldn't recommend. It's fun to joke about though
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

I guess it was pretty "meh", huh?

LeviR.star

Yep. I get the joke but it's horrible, just like the movie.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Lego ninjago was pretty good.  It didn't live up to the expectations its predecessors set, but it's different in an exciting way.  Slow wouldn't like it though, since it's basically a superhero movie
It makes me happy that companies still make good movies with clean language and stuff
unmotivated

LeviR.star

I'd like to see that movie. Growing up with Lego sets, I never was a fan of Ninjago, but the film looks entertaining.