News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Do it. If only because Alan Rickman is a caterpillar.

Seriously though, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was wonderful (pardon the pun) and captured the weirdness while combining it with Burton's typical dark filter. My one gripe is how it seemed like everything lore-wise had to be explained or given physical form, removing some of the fantasy and replacing it with a world with definite rules.
Spoiler
Imo, the Jabberwocky was the prime example. Giving an appearance to the poetic beast seemed wrong somehow, even if Christopher Lee voiced him.
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Eh, the original Jabberwocky poem was accompanied by a Tenniel illustration that looked similar to Burton's Jabberwock. So it had an actual form from the beginning. IMO the first movie was very nice, and has maybe my favorite film score by Danny Elfman, who is my favorite composer. So that's saying something. (Seriously, Alice's Theme is such an incredible piece of work.)

So I'm very excited for Alice Through the Looking Glass, not only because of its connection to the previous film which I loved, but because Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are two of my favorite books ever. They're really wonderful (like you said, no pun intended).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

Someway, somehow, Kung Fu Panda 3 is nearly almost as good as 2. A little lighter on the serious elements but still incredible all the way through. I'm amazed. Something has managed to match Toy Story in terms of quality threequels. 8.6/10.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Believe in the hype. It's excellent.

SlowPokemon

What if I didn't think the first two were anything special?

mikey

I mean, I liked the first one, but the second one was bad
I was referring to the "=Toy Story" part
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 09, 2016, 11:32:21 AMI mean, I liked the first one, but the second one was bad
Huh. Interesting. I thought the second one was better than the first.

E. Gadd Industries

I'm hyped for Finding Dory! XD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

I just saw The Witch and it was Weird As Hell and I have no idea if it was a good movie but I think I liked it.

mikey

Zootopia was fantastic and it belongs on your "must see in theaters" list
unmotivated

Sebastian

I was invited to see that movie. Maybe I'll go see it.

SlowPokemon

Can confirm, Zootopia was great.

I'm hella excited for Alice Through the Looking Glass. I rewatched the 2010 Alice in preparation and found that I liked it even more in retrospect.

Also, The Jungle Book looks INCREDIBLE. Disney is set to have quite a year.

Sebastian

Has anyone seen The Good Dinosaur yet?

Also, I'm very curious to see how Finding Dory will turn out.