News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah... but it's still a really rough watch.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 04, 2013, 08:26:07 PM^Probably the best superhero movie evur. Heath Ledger is indescribably good.

The fact remains that without Heath Ledger the film would be mediocre at best--his performance saves what is actually not a phenomenal film.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Well name one super hero movie better than The Dark Knight. And if you say The Avengers, I'm going to smack you.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 05, 2013, 12:11:01 AMWell name one super hero movie better than The Dark Knight. And if you say The Avengers, I'm going to smack you.
Howard the Duck.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 05, 2013, 12:11:01 AMWell name one super hero movie better than The Dark Knight. And if you say The Avengers, I'm going to smack you.

The Avengers was terrible. And the Dark Knight was quite a good movie. Just Heath ledger was the thing that made it so. Without him it would have been just all right.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 05, 2013, 08:16:06 AMThe Avengers was terrible.
SLOW, YOU HAVE JUST LEVELED UP. You now have a not-so-terrible taste in film!

And I do agree with you on the Ledger thing. I love every scene he's in to death, but for every non-Joker scene, I found myself pretty much just waiting for the next Joker scene. And after he was caught, I basically didn't even care what happened next.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

Guess what movie I've been watching.

Zunawe

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 05, 2013, 10:14:26 AMSLOW, YOU HAVE JUST LEVELED UP. You now have a not-so-terrible taste in film!

And I do agree with you on the Ledger thing. I love every scene he's in to death, but for every non-Joker scene, I found myself pretty much just waiting for the next Joker scene. And after he was caught, I basically didn't even care what happened next.
Fun fact: The scene where Ledger is walking out of the hospital and it's blowing up was written so that he just walked out and onto the bus. Instead, he completely improvised turning around and the button not working.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Yep, I knew dat.

A WAY MORE FUN FACT: The several different writers of the movie all had their own ideas of the Joker's motivation, character and backstory, but they decided NOT to discuss them with each other, and instead produced a script where different parts of the script are written with different character interpretations in mind, so that the Joker's actions seem genuinely disordered and unpredictable.

Yugi

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 05, 2013, 09:48:18 PMYep, I knew dat.

A WAY MORE FUN FACT: The several different writers of the movie all had their own ideas of the Joker's motivation, character and backstory, but they decided NOT to discuss them with each other, and instead produced a script where different parts of the script are written with different character interpretations in mind, so that the Joker's actions seem genuinely disordered and unpredictable.
YOU KILLED MY FATHER.

MY FATHER KILLED ME.

Seems legit.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on January 05, 2013, 04:00:46 PMFun fact: The scene where Ledger is walking out of the hospital and it's blowing up was written so that he just walked out and onto the bus. Instead, he completely improvised turning around and the button not working.
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 05, 2013, 09:48:18 PMYep, I knew dat.

:o  Those are both pretty awesome....

Sebastian

Just watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
I thought it was really cool!

SlowPokemon

Great Expectations is being made into a film starring a bunch of Harry Potter people--Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, and Ralph Fiennes are all in it!

Or, I should say, was made and were in it. Because this movie was released in the United Kingdom back in November. Why is there no US release date yet? It looks fantastic and I just read the book for school--actually going to take a class period and teach the class about it.

TheZeldaPianist275

I just watched Argo with my dad.

I can definitely see why it got the Oscar.  It's excellent, strongly recommend.  If the R rating is tripping you up, it's pretty much only because of the language. 

The ending was so good....

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, Argo was pretty fantastic